Motorola warranty issues

mohlman

Reaction score
Going on 4th Droid2 in 2 weeks (the last one was dead on arrival). Verizon tech support keeps shipping bad products and Motorola tech support makes it a long process where customer is left without a phone. What happened to taking the burden off the customer? Based on posts below, it seems like Motorola has given up :(

Anyone else have the same issue? This is very frustrating. :icon_evil:

The first Droid 2: bottom left part of screen would not detect touch
The second Droid 2: SIM card reader didn't work
The third Droid 2: DOA (aren't they supposed to test these things before shipping)
The fourth Droid 2: stay tuned. I called Motorola and they could care less about the issues. They said to ship it back and be without a phone until they could fix it. Do they expect people to go without a phone? This will be my last Motorola product!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola has never sent a loaner device while they repair your handset. VZW is actually taking the burden off the customer by giving you a replacement device immediately, and not requiring you to wait for your device to come back from Motorola.

That said, you've been dealing with VZW, not Motorola. Motorola isn't going to send out a sub-par device, while VZW has been known to do so numerous times.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
yea...they have always sent me new(refurb) devices via 1 day air. They have been really good about it as well.