Motorola Warns about the leaked Droid X Android 2.2 Update

johaBBa

Reaction score
I'm on 2.2 leaked, non-rooted and not concerned at this point... I'm pretty hopeful in believing that someone will have the "official" 2.2 and will have instructions for us leakers to "upgrade" our phones back to Stock 2.2.

Worst case scenario, I wait until 2.2 official is realeased, go back to stock 2.1, then do the OTA.

I guess my biggest issue would be having to wipe the handheld, though I have all my programs/settings documented so it would just be annoying to have to rebuild the widgets and setup the accounts again.

It's times like this when I really wish that Android had some sort of a Desktop Manager like my Blackberry did. The sweet thing in that software was that you could hit the "Change Device" button, hook your old phone up, back it up, then hook the new phone up and it would restore EVERYTHING to the new phone, right down to the notification settings and themes.

Anyone aware of a program that does that for Droid phones?

With gmail contacts, google calendar/tasks, and google reader, I usually only have to put back apps and login to stuff and i'm back in business.

I believe Titanium Backup (free or donate) will copy all apps, settings, etc.

Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
I'm a have to return to 2.1... sadly, but not so much, 2.2 is really buggy on my X, whenever I try to play music it freezes, I have to pull the battery,eh, a few things here and there. I can't say my experience with the leaked 2.2 is 100% great but I enjoyed it as much as I could of. Well adios 2.2 until the OTA.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
HaHa, I totally had a brain fart and didn't even see that this was for Droid X. My bad, I got the FRG22D update OTA notication for my Droid 1. One BTTH for me. :eek:

GThree

Reaction score
Ok.......soooo..........I'm stuck on trying to do this damn update.

I've done everything it says, but my RSD Lite says Failed flashing process. Railed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected....

Honestly I don't know wtf to do, and it's pissing me off.

tomcat

Reaction score
I had the same trouble using my Vista 64 bit and then i tried my Windows 7 32 bit and it worked. I think my firewall was blocking me.