Motorola VS HTC

BrianV

Reaction score
i got my X and i love it.. had the Moto Droid, with the TBolt and Bionic coming out, im wanting one of those. never had an HTC phone before. wandering if anyone here has had both and what one did you prefer? i like the specs on both phones... me being a phone/electronics junkie im always looking for something different... any opinions?

OP
B

BrianV

Reaction score
i should also add.. i dont root... i keep stock..

Rexxmb

Reaction score
Me encanta mi htc magic, aunque hay mejores jajaja

Sent from my HTC Magic using DroidForums App

OP
B

BrianV

Reaction score
What do you like better about sense?

xliderider

Reaction score
If you live or work in an area with low signal, go with Motorola. Motorola phones are much better at pulling in weak signals, and the audio quality is better as well. Battery performance is better on the Motorola devices as well.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola makes better hardware than HTC in my opinion but locking down the bootloader and blur is making me choose HTC as my next device.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am leaving Motorola because of their policy of locking the bootloader.

I loved my D1 and would have been loyal to Motorola but they blew it. Not only that but Blur is a train wreck.

HTC seems to actually want us! Motorola actually told us to go elsewhere.

Bye Bye Motorola!

romanrish

Reaction score
I have always used HTC devices from my WinMo days. I switched to MOTO w/ the D1 and then the D2 and it was because the D1 was ahead of the Eris hardware and software wise. Keep in mind that even knowing how far behind the Eris was I was still very tempted to go w/ it because of my HTC bias. I have always thought without modification the HTC devices always look and feel better. Their quality breeds customer loyalty.

Sense is by far the most polished UI that any manufactures have placed over stock. I still prefer stock android, but if using a manufacturer skin I would gladly use Sense. Mainly because it is less buggy, aesthetically pleasing, and they have had more time to polish their UI. If you have ever used a HTC keyboard you will also hate the D1 keyboard. Not sure what else to say.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I have stuck with Moto for my last 3 phones, with the locked bootloaders i am jumping ship.

You said your a phone enthusiast so i would say go with HTC for customization options. But then you mentioned you don't even root, so, its really a toss up then, i guess Moto would better suit you if the bootloader isnt an issue for you.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't root then it will boild down in my opinipon between sense and motoblur. If that be the case HTC all the way. As stated here it is more polished and just a better expierence for a stock phone. If you want to be able to say that you have the latest and newest tech go with Bionic. It will have the dual core and all that jazz.. however if you want a solid workhorse that has proven tech that will be there when you need it and also has nice style.. stick with HTC.. me.. I am going HTC all the way. I got a D1.. love it.. switching cause of the bootloader and the fact that I like sense. I like how the HTC phones look and I really want a kickstand. I watch TV and movies all day on my phone and the kickstand will be nice to replace the couple packs of unopened sticky notes holding up my D1.. I would have gotten an Eris back in the day as someone else stated, cause I really like sense and HTC phones, but went with D1 for more power and ultimatly was able to dive head into the hacking side of Android and have become more educated on the developing side because of it.