Motorola Vs HTC Droids

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm really surprised by the Moto Droid only having 3 home screens. I hope that will change with future software updates. Didn't think much of it at first, but I am quickly learning how quickly the apps will fill up the screens.

Motorola has a more aggressive advertising campaign, that's why you paid more.

Check out 'home replacements'. Will solve this problem and add some functionality to your phone!

shademar

Reaction score
for what its worth i just DL an app called more icons its great it allows you to group icons 4 in the same space as 1 icon.

Also, check out 'Apps Organizer' if you want to maximize use of the existing space. It allows you to easily organize apps into categories (i.e. 'Games' ) and launch from folders with customizable graphics. It's a great way to cut down on icon clutter. :D

Extra home screens plus Apps Organizer allows me to have a pretty minimalistic look plus use all the widgets I want.

Bonus: it's free! (As are Launcher+ and Home++)

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I'm really surprised by the Moto Droid only having 3 home screens. I hope that will change with future software updates. Didn't think much of it at first, but I am quickly learning how quickly the apps will fill up the screens.

Supposedly the 2.1 update will give us 5 home screens. In the meantime, I've created folders and put my apps into the folders (categorized by function: Phone, Internet, Games, Utilities, etc...) Saves a lot of space, although it does mean an extra tap -- tap to open the folder, then tap on the app you want to run.

That's a good idea, I just did that with my games, created a separate folder. How do I rename the folder?

Open the folder, then long-press the title-bar of the folder. Rename will pop up and ask you to type in the new name.

actrack03

Reaction score
I had the Eris at first but couldn't help having that overwhelming feeling that I was missing out not having android 2.0. When Google Goggles came out and was not available for the Eris, that was the last straw(even though I never use Google Goggles, just principle I guess). Now that I have the Droid, I realize it is soo much better that the Eris. I am running 2.1 on it and it is awesome. The screen resolution and the turn by turn navigation IMO are enough to make the Droid worth the extra money, but thats only the beginning of the benefits of having the Droid over the Eris for me. It all boils down to personal preference. Who knows you might feel like I do about switching from the Droid to the Eris.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
for what its worth i just DL an app called more icons its great it allows you to group icons 4 in the same space as 1 icon.

Also, check out Appa Organizer if you want to maximize use of the existing space. It allows you to easily organize apps into categories (i.e. 'Games' ) and launch from folders with customizable graphics. It's a great way to cut down on icon clutter. :D

Extra home screens plus Apps Organizer allows me to have a pretty minimalistic look plus use all the widgets I want.
+1 for Apps Organizer. great app!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Also, check out Appa Organizer if you want to maximize use of the existing space. It allows you to easily organize apps into categories (i.e. 'Games' ) and launch from folders with customizable graphics. It's a great way to cut down on icon clutter. :D

Try out UltimateFaves too, it is pretty cool and works perfectly so far.

UltimateFaves v2.1.1 Application for Android | Productivity

[video=youtube;KRmUr6ajygE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRmUr6ajygE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Try out UltimateFaves too, it is pretty cool and works perfectly so far.
That's the one with the carousel wheel right? It looked pretty interesting. I've got time today.... I'll give it a whirl :)

Last edited:

LordKastle

Reaction score
It's pretty simple...regardless of OS...Win Mobile, Android....I will never get an HTC device that cripples the OS. For the casual user it makes no difference but to someone who wants the most up to date OS and free OS, "Sense UI" does nothing but bog down the OS. Every time an update to the OS is available then you have to wait longer for HTC to edit their code and configure it, and that is a big IF...if they decide to. As we have seen with HTC, they have their priorities elsewhere.

zasran

Reaction score
Well, your preferences are up to you, few comments:

No idea about grouping contacts (well you can have groups in google contacts but don't know if you can message whole group),

Physical keyboard - I love it because I like typing on physical keyboard and have whole screen for app while typing,

Number of home screens - you can get much more flexible home screen apps, lots of screens and other goodies, the whole point of motorola droid is that it's easy to customize, if you don't like that then it's probably not a phone for you,

Extra money for droid - 480x854 (3.7in) screen vs. 320x480 (3.2in), 16GB card vs. 8GB card, physical keyboard, flash,

ero

dtboos

Reaction score
I just prefer the feel of a banana in my hand! :icon_ banana:

Whatever floats yer boat :D. Anyways happy New Years early folks! Have a good and safe night, and drink lots of water so you don't hate life in the morning :icon_ devil:

thesandman51

Reaction score
Why the hell would you want auto-correction with the physical keyboard? Isn't that the point of having a physical keyboard, so you can put in whatever you want, accurately, without the need for some sort of correction?