Motorola updates Bionic ICS Update Schedule

vzwdroidtech

Reaction score
So with the q4 timeline for ICS I doubt the bionic will be one of the moto phones from 2011 that get JB by end of 2012...anyone going to take the $100?

Absolutely NOT!. Depending on how bad this turns out, I'm heading to Sprint and likely any brand BUT Motorola.

That part is up to Mr. Soni.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just_AGuy said:
Can I assume you didn't take the temp after it was in your pocket? That's nothing I bet mine is running that hot in my pocket.

Even in my pocket the highest i have seen is 40 C

OP
S

sk102704

Reaction score
Motorola updated the timeline again and while there wasn't any change for the Bionic, the Atrix 4g, Photon 4g, and the Electrify will not be getting ICS. Sucks for them.

noogie186

Reaction score
bionic update

after much research and with my exp w my own bionic and vz, im thinkin that vz is pulling the strings and that if delay after delay will get customers to chuck their bionic and pick up a new phone, and a new contract, that makes good $en$e to vz and thats what they are doing. vz didnt get their position by being 'nice guys', so to speak...although i have no complaints about their cust service, they have always been great when i needed them...but clearly, if bionic users just continue to upgrade software and not purchase new phones, seems that vz will lose a little...but keep in mind that when u buy a phone on a contract, some of your monthly bill goes to the price of the phone...after 2 years, that amount is still bein paid by you, cuz you do not see a decrease in your bill. anyway, mho...my plan is to keep mine as long as it will run and to upgrade at every opp.

OP
S

sk102704

Reaction score
noogie186 said:
after much research and with my exp w my own bionic and vz, im thinkin that vz is pulling the strings and that if delay after delay will get customers to chuck their bionic and pick up a new phone, and a new contract, that makes good $en$e to vz and thats what they are doing. vz didnt get their position by being 'nice guys', so to speak...although i have no complaints about their cust service, they have always been great when i needed them...but clearly, if bionic users just continue to upgrade software and not purchase new phones, seems that vz will lose a little...but keep in mind that when u buy a phone on a contract, some of your monthly bill goes to the price of the phone...after 2 years, that amount is still bein paid by you, cuz you do not see a decrease in your bill. anyway, mho...my plan is to keep mine as long as it will run and to upgrade at every opp.

Plus when you buy a new phone you're going to lose your unlimited data plan (unless you buy it unsubsidized) and the Bionic was the last high end smartphone that had the option.

OP
S

sk102704

Reaction score
liftedplane said:
Wrong, sgs3 was the last.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

Not if you are a new Verizon customer.

TominBristol

Reaction score
Prolly just a clerical change to the first of the month (and quarter) for the PS induced requirement for monthly updates.