Motorola Tells Customer to “Buy Elsewhere” if They Want Custom ROMs

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You ought to direct that anger on motorola's facebook, twitter, forum, or call them and telling them. Expressing it here is good but you will feel much better if you expressed it to them :D ......trust me.

neimand

Reaction score
You ought to direct that anger on motorola's facebook, twitter, forum, or call them and telling them. Expressing it here is good but you will feel much better if you expressed it to them :D ......trust me.

hehe, very true and I plan to.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
you may be right (as usual). but, a few months ago, we were saying the same thing about the DX. and now, a 17 year old is on the verge of cracking it...

Well, someone CLAIMED to be on the verge of cracking it months ago. But it still hasn't happened. Not sure how some 17 year old is going to manage it without access to the 256-bit AES keys. Call me skeptical, but I don't see the X's bootloader EVER being fully cracked.

If there is a drive for these keys then they will be found just as they were on the ps3.... need it be a leak or the drive for someone to write the algorithm it will be done

it won't be done. not by an android dev, not by some 17 year old who claims he's close and not by the greatest hacker in the world. no one is cracking that bootloader. That kind of encryption has never been hacked ever and its not going to be an android dev who does it...Their best bet is finding some workaround to loading a custom kernel and that's almost as unlikely as the bootloader being unlocked...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
it won't be done. not by an android dev, not by some 17 year old who claims he's close and not by the greatest hacker in the world. no one is cracking that bootloader. That kind of encryption has never been hacked ever and its not going to be an android dev who does it...Their best bet is finding some workaround to loading a custom kernel and that's almost as unlikely as the bootloader being unlocked...

Don't doubt him! Remember... Jeff Goldblum wrote a computer virus for an alien computer system on a MacBook in 2 days in the Independence Day. THIS IS OUR INDEPENDENCE!!

/s

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Don't doubt him! Remember... Jeff Goldblum wrote a computer virus for an alien computer system on a MacBook in 2 days in the Independence Day. THIS IS OUR INDEPENDENCE!!

/s

I wont be resting my hopes on that^.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

/s

haha well yes, if this was a movie then i have full confidence that that bootloader will be cracked :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to Motorola's facebook, twitter, etc...and let them know how you feel!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not worried about it. It was an employee having a bad day, IMO. No, it's not professional, but no one can be professional all day, every day.

I have a D2, and I've been able to hack it all that I care to.

Can someone explain exactly what can be done with a custom kernel?

azules9780

Reaction score
Do you guys remember the guy with the Lifelock commercial saying that he was so confident in his companies ability to protect your information, that he had the truck drive around with a billboard on it and his SSN. Guess, what?! he played with fire and tempted too many people and they sure did hack his crap so badly that they changed their policy and lowered their coverage limit.

The point is, I am a firm believer in where there is a will, there is a way. And I truly believe someone will unlock the bootloader. Granted, I don't have a whole lot of knowledge at all with this type of thing, but there are too many smart people in the world. As a matter of a fact, it makes me want to spend all of my free time learning this stuff just so I could contribute to knocking their arrogance down a few notches.

I'm just saying, some smart genius somewhere is going to do this.

azules9780

Reaction score
That was supposed to say "some super smart 17 year old genius from MIT or something is going to do this.

hijackerjack

Reaction score
You guys are rediculous. At least aliasxerog is at least trying. Kudos to him. He may be young, but that doesn't mean he's gonna fail. Just have hope.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

azules9780

Reaction score
I do! I have all kinds of faith in him, or if not him someone else. I mean, he could be laying the groundwork that will help someone else later. Or he could end up in a collaborative effort and help tear this thing down. Who knows!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dont get me wrong im glad he is trying and wish him luck. But we also been down this road before....