Motorola Targa/Bionic – Targa Sufficiently Ladened With Advanced Technology

teg94

Reaction score
I'd like to know who came up with the idea that the Targa is being "renamed" the Bionic? I've seen no REAL evidence aside from posters on internet forums trying to tout their assumptions as facts.

Reaction score
I'd like to know who came up with the idea that the Targa is being "renamed" the Bionic? I've seen no REAL evidence aside from posters on internet forums trying to tout their assumptions as facts.

The same interwebs peoples that let us know early that the etna was being scrapped in the first place long before moto's announcement

All evidence points towards the renaming of bionic on the targa hardware. I think youd find alot of people surprised if it wasnt.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

The same interwebs peoples that let us know early that the etna was being scrapped in the first place long before moto's announcement

All evidence points towards the renaming of bionic on the targa hardware. I think youd find alot of people surprised if it wasnt.

Exactly. There are always going to be people who are skeptical of them, but if anyone truly looks at the history of the leaks these particular folks have dished out, they'll see that they've never been wrong. Even when just about everyone doubted their talk about an "unfixable flaw" with the Etna (the original Bionic), they were proven correct.

therock

Reaction score
My money is on a Bionic branded phone that looks less like an iPhone than the original. An NFC chip and more.

I have it on good authority that it was mostly
Verizon's 4G system that apparently is a major cause of delayed release of several phones. I cannot give up the source.

I sit and wait in the loving arms of my OG Droid. It still serves me well.

Vakharn

Reaction score
It seems to me that the Bionic is going to be an important phone in that a lot of original droid users (like myself) are going to have their 2 year replacement coming up around the time it comes out. I think Motorola realizes this and wants to make a device that's sure to keep that segment of the market.

npro1464

Reaction score
I just hope it comes preinstalled with City ID and Blockbuster!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Joeteck

Reaction score
Motorola makes the best communication devices hands down.

They're so good they canceled their flagship phone.... Doh!

I was waiting for the Bionic because the Tbolt had such horrible battery life, and I don't upgrade to any phone just to do it. I have to do my research and then go from there. The only thing that bothered me with the BIONIC is that the dual core would not been supported at the time of release. Boasting it has dual core, and you can't use it, until Android Ice Cream sandwich is released puzzled me a bit.. Why make a dual core, if the OS can't support it? Like having 8gig of RAM in 32Bit XP...Its there , just the OS can't see it... I've had the Droid 1 for some time now... Rooted with BB 0.6.2. It slows down a little from time to time... but all-in-all, a really great phone..

The specs on the BIONIC were impressive. I can't imaging what the Targa will have... if at all better. The 13MP camera is a bit excessive. Anything between 5MP and 8MP for a phone would be sufficient. I use my camera but there is no optical zoom, and @ 8MP its pointless to go any higher.. Its all marketing at that point... The Targa / Bionic should be released in June.. Maybe Android 2.4 will be too...

Last edited:

therock

Reaction score
I hear you on the dual core application. I have a Droid1 also and its fine but small I guess.
I recently got disappointed by a Dinc2 realizing the D1 is just as fast as pointed out by a forum member.

I Wait:dry:

I see the Nexus or Google phone with the curved or concave'd glass. I guess it would shorten the reach for your thumb and mold you your butt in the pocket? Heh!
The nice thing they demonstrated is the radio controls allowing the toggling of 3 & 4G on or off.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

I was waiting for the Bionic because the Tbolt had such horrible battery life, and I don't upgrade to any phone just to do it. I have to do my research and then go from there. The only thing that bothered me with the BIONIC is that the dual core would not been supported at the time of release. Boasting it has dual core, and you can't use it, until Android Ice Cream sandwich is released puzzled me a bit.. Why make a dual core, if the OS can't support it? Like having 8gig of RAM in 32Bit XP...Its there , just the OS can't see it... I've had the Droid 1 for some time now... Rooted with BB 0.6.2. It slows down a little from time to time... but all-in-all, a really great phone..

The specs on the BIONIC were impressive. I can't imaging what the Targa will have... if at all better. The 13MP camera is a bit excessive. Anything between 5MP and 8MP for a phone would be sufficient. I use my camera but there is no optical zoom, and @ 8MP its pointless to go any higher.. Its all marketing at that point... The Targa / Bionic should be released in June.. Maybe Android 2.4 will be too...
I think u mite b on 2 something-talkled with a rep last nite,she said n june also-so we wait!!!:icon_ banana:

music life

Reaction score
i wouldnt get your hopes up for june.

seems alot of people are thinking later in the summer

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

The dual core Atrix gets 2400-2600 in Quadrant on stock 2.2. I'd say that's supported enough for me!