Motorola Targa/Bionic – Targa Sufficiently Ladened With Advanced Technology

akhi216

Reaction score
Is no one else noticing the horrible English and questionable source site? These are all the rumors we've already heard about the Targa. Motorola isn't even spelled right.

Yeah it's old news but the fact that we could own this phone by June gets us all giddy inside. *swoons* And yeah, English couldn't have been the guy's first language.

Sent from my PG06100 using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
All good BUT bloated with Blur and a good chance of a locked bootloader. Still a strong option to consider. I wonder what battery life will be like? If same as my D1 or as TB i will probably pass.
My contract ends in November around Black Friday so I have plenty of time to wait.

Samsung/LG phones are bloated with TouchWiz, and HTC phones are bloated with HTC Sense. No disrespect but if you want a device that isn't bloated you'll have to get a Nexus and the chance of Verizon getting and Nexus-branded device is next to none.

The bootloader issue is a matter of personal preference and I don't knock anyone's decision to stray away from them. I for one am not worried about the bootloader because I only root to do things like force roaming. The thing that may worry people is the phone not getting updated and that's understandable, but by the time you get comfortable with the next version of Android better hardware will be available (i.e. quad-core processors, more RAM) as well as the next version of Android after that and by that time your phone will be obsolete and won't work with many apps; rooting and flashing custom kernels can only take you so far.

The battery life won't be a problem as as I understand it will include at least a 1900 mAh battery.

music life

Reaction score
Is no one else noticing the horrible English and questionable source site? These are all the rumors we've already heard about the Targa. Motorola isn't even spelled right.

Yeah it's old news but the fact that we could own this phone by June gets us all giddy inside. *swoons* And yeah, English couldn't have been the guy's first language.

from what i heard from other people on this site late july would be pretty early for a release date.

unless something has changed?

Reaction score
I agree the misspelling is shady, I also hope they dont have issues with the tegra if thats what they're sticking in there. was kinda hoping for that qualcomm dual core. im sure she'll fly all the same.

akhi216

Reaction score
I agree the misspelling is shady, I also hope they dont have issues with the tegra if thats what they're sticking in there. was kinda hoping for that qualcomm dual core. im sure she'll fly all the same.

I think they'll use the OMAP 4.

oresteez

Reaction score
why dont they put in a million billion pixel camera in there...

13? seriously? talk about overkill.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Depending on how good the processor and ram are and whether or not it's stock I might just go with the S2 if it's an option.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

y0manda

Reaction score
Stop the rumors! Motorola failed this year and that is that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

How can you say they failed!!! The year is not over yet!!! Yeah They have not done well this far but they still have June thru Dec. to make up for these 1st 5 months.

Reaction score

They certainly failed on their 1st half but there are a number of q3-q4 pieces of hardware that'll (hopefully) make up for it. Why so pessimistic?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Yep. The Tegra 2 was the main reason why the original Bionic (the Etna) was scrapped. The new Bionic (the Targa) won't have a Tegra 2. It could use Qualcomm, but the OMAP is more likely.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

I hope so!!:icon_ banana:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

They certainly failed on their 1st half but there are a number of q3-q4 pieces of hardware that'll (hopefully) make up for it. Why so pessimistic?
They know we r not happy campers,and the got to come strong!!Aug 6-11 is my dead line.