Motorola T325 "Download Failed"

mstef66

Reaction score
Good morning Droid fans.

I just picked up the T325 hands free speaker phone from Best Buy.
I am trying to download my contacts into the box and I get the message "Download Failed" every time I try to sync them up.

I confirmed the message in the status bar to accept the request. The light flashes during the transfer and after about 30 seconds I get the failed message.

Any thoughts before I return it to Best Buy? I figured both phone and HF are by Motorola so what could go wrong? Haha, go figure.

When in doubt, hit up the experts.
Thanks in advance

Mike

ohurst7773

Reaction score
My Download Problem RESOLVED

I had the same problem where whatever I tried, the contact download failed. What I found was that the T325 when connected to my DROID via bluetooth actually uses the contacts on my DROID directly. No need to download in the first place!

Here's what I do now: Hit the "Call" button on the T325.It responds with "Speak Now". You then repeat the DROID contact name as it is listed in your DROID contact list. So for me I say something like "Call John Doe at Work" or "Call Doe, John at Home". The format of the name you use depends on how the contact is set up in your DROID Contact list.

Note that after you hit the "Call" button on the T325, the DROID has a popup telling you sample formatsofwhat to say. You also have the option to dial a number using the "Dial" option in the following format: "Dial 8002264040" and it will dial any number not in your Contact list directly.

Works for me--does this help anyone else? Nice thing is there is NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD CONTACTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Don't know if it makes a difference but I am on Android version 2.2.1

Mark W.

wofford

Reaction score
You said in the forum that t325 is directly tied into the contacts of droid x and there's no need to download the contacts (which doesn't work anyway). There does seem to be a connection between my two in that when I press the call button, the phone asks for the contact I wish to reach. That works. BUT, when I receive a call, it only gives me the number and not the name in the contact list. Does yours do that or do you only get the number too?

ohurst7773

Reaction score
I get the same issue on incoming calls---just the phone number and no caller-id. You might try the programming features for your most common incoming calls. I haven't tried that as I don't get that many incoming calls. Please let me know if you try and whether it works. Thanks.

wofford

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't receive many incoming calls either, but am just bugged that I can't get this thing to do what it says it should. My next overwhelming project is to get a live human being at Motorola customer care. Wish me luck. I'll spend today trying to find a phone number in the maze of webpages.

wofford

Reaction score
After poking around Motorola site for a phone number I finally googled it and got to Motorola customer service phone numbers and support which is a site that finds customer numbers.

I dialed 866.289.6682 and hit the # button three times to get a human being.

When the service rep did some research, she told me that Droid X does NOT support PBAP or Phone Book Access Profile and that it will not download the contacts to the t325 speakerphone.

Her advice was to get another phone which supports PBAP. Bummer!

So, the number of the incoming call is all we can hope for. Otherwise the t325 works well.