Motorola SPN5504A charger search

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Model number is DC405OUS0301. The module that plugs into the wall is one piece, the cord that plugs into it (USB) and micro-USB at the other end) is a separate cord.

This is the OEM charger that came with my Droid. I don't see it on the Verizon site and cannot find it with Google search.

I am trying to find one or two more. This particular model does not cause interference with my clock radio. The others I have cause too much to listen to the radio. If anyone knows a source, I would appreciate that info.

ink

Reaction score
I did some checking and couldn't find it either. I did find it listed on the Motorola site under the models that conform to the Energy Star v2 requirements, you might have seen this too.

Like Big Cam posted, you can look on the Motorola site and find the chargers that are compatible with the Droid. I know you wanted the exact same model though.

So because I can't stand not being able to find things/information I sent an email to Motorola to find out if that model number has been replaced by a different one or how someone might be able to purchase an additional one.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks Big Cam and ink. I will check out the ones posted.. Surely one will not have the interference problem. I did see them, but thought it was strange that I could not find the OEM one, either. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Thanks for the help!

ink

Reaction score
Another thing I thought was odd is that the chargers listed on the Motorola site for sale are all SPN53*** and all the ones on the Energy Star v2 list are SPN55***. The plot thickens.

I got an auto-reply saying they'd get back to me within 24 hours. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

ink

Reaction score
Well this was my response from Motorola. Not exactly helpful.

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

Regarding your concern, please note that you can get chargers for your DROID phone either through our website redirect.html or over the phone through our Sales Department at 1 866 289 6686.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks for trying to contact them, ink. I don't recall seeing anyone mention the style of charger that came with mine. Maybe Ghost Radar will have some words on the matter.

Pele

Reaction score
Another thing I thought was odd is that the chargers listed on the Motorola site for sale are all SPN53*** and all the ones on the Energy Star v2 list are SPN55***. The plot thickens.

I'd be willing to bet that the 55xx series has a microcontroller built in that communicates via USB with the phone... When the phone is disconnected or fully charged, it backs off the current and therefore consumes less AC power.

the 53xx series probably does not have this capability.

I'm basing this on the fact that the SPN5504 that came with my Droid uses a USB cable with all conductors in it... The 53xx series has a permanently attached cable that only has two conductors for positive and negative voltage source.

Pele

Reaction score
^
Sho'nuff, she knows where she's getting the juice from.

5 volts is 5 volts, doesn't matter where it's coming from... But Battery info says charging from AC, DC Car Charger, or USB port.
There's some form of communication going on there.

Anyone with a USB data analyzer wanna play with it?

dfjkl

Reaction score
I'd love to find the stock charger also. It is the only one that seems to properly charge the phone.

Psosmith82

Reaction score
Get a motorola Docking station, they come with an extra wall charger/usb combo. Thats the only way ive been able to find where you can get that charger seperate from the phone

Big Cam

Reaction score
Last edited:

Psosmith82

Reaction score
Yes they come with a wallcharger/usb combo. It may say coming soon on Motorola but there out..just go down to verizon wireless and get one. They have been out over a month now

0KstateSig2015

Reaction score
I also have several (40) of these SPN5504A Chargers that I can list on eBay if someone wants one. Sig2015 is my eBay username or you can message me.