Motorola should have included some distinctive headphones w/ the Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Houndstooth, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Houndstooth

Houndstooth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find myself using my iPod headphones when I don't want to use my bluetooth headphones and it annoys me a bit. I think it would've been smart marketing (and possibly cheap) to make some Droid-Distinctive ear buds and include them with the phone. Maybe like a light android-green. :greendroid:

2. cuzzinz

cuzzinz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That probably would be a good idea... even if they were blah headphones it would have been smart to include a cheap pair.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    The box was too small.:) They couldn't include directions let alone head sets.

4. BavarianBuilt

BavarianBuilt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use the headphones from my Zune. They work and match perfectly.

5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    lol good point hook (mobile version doesn't seem to do quotes). I was a bit amused when I saw that little instruction booklet in the box. but didn't bother me, think manuals are getting to be a waste of paper.

As to the headphones I really don't use them much so no big worry here I prefer the LARGE sd card we got (though a class 4 would have been nice).

6. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    The phone headphones dont work great with the droid. None of the controls really work and if you use droidshuffle it really goes crappy.

7. krise11385

krise11385 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use my stock blackberry storm2 headphones with droid shuffle n it works perfect . The only complaint I have is were the headphone jack is . If u use a pouch u can't use the headphones so I had to buy a plastic clip n even then its still not the ideal place for heaadphone jack. But I hear ya u would think that if u pay 300$ for a droid u would get a lil more then a usb cord/charger . But that's jus my opionon

8. sc4fpse

sc4fpse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use my Zune Premium v2's. I absolutely love those things. :)

9. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +3,004
    I actually prefer the dinosaur head sets that use to come with the walkmans back in the day. Can get them for 5 bucks at the dollar general, and it works real well, yeah i know cant use it for calls, shuffling music, but hey i just use it for music only.

10. redwood

redwood Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The ones with the sideways (compared to modern earbuds) transducers? They have great bass response and are so much more comfortable to wear for long periods. I had a set from my walkman that were hinged in 2 places so they would fold up. Pretty cool mobile headphones, sounded great for the purpose, would love to get a few pairs

11. kountryj

kountryj Member

Ratings:
    +0

Why can't you use them for calls? I use a pair of headphones a lot of the time. Just be sure to have the mic where it can pick you up. In my car I hook the cass adapter to the phone stick it in the car dock and use my gps and pandora/music. No problems. The headset doesn't have any controls..maybe that's what you meant?

12. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Meh -- I'd rather use earphones that I prefer then get yet another set of cheapos thrown in the box. YMMV, I guess.

13. FireDroid

FireDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man I wish they put in a car! Man people are never satisfied! You give them one of the most technologically adavnced phone Verizon has to offer and they still want more!!

If you can afford $200 for the phone you can drop spme coin on a decent set of headphones!

14. Rettocs

Rettocs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same. I have a whole bunch of extra pairs of earbuds that my past iPods, PSP's, other phones have all come with, that are unused and in a box.