Motorola Shadow

Droids

Reaction score
This pic of the Shadow looks an awful like what I imagined the Droid 2 would look like. Slightly more rounded corners, little bigger screen, chin is still there but a bit different.

If it is the Shadow, it may very well be my next phone. I'm finding I don't use the physical keyboard anymore. A nice looking phone like this one might just over-shadow the Droid 2.

bizzshow

Reaction score
first its not a gsm device second the screen is 4.1 and third the internel mem is reported to be 2-8gb

nyijedi

Reaction score
MotoBLUR = no thank you. I love my moto droid because it's stock Android. Motorola should smarten up and realize that their best selling phone - the Moto Droid - is stock, and they should keep it that way.

wil318466

Reaction score
For the life of me I don't understand why they use that dark grey/black background in their ads. They really need to use a nice blue or red background to show off the phone.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This pic of the Shadow looks an awful like what I imagined the Droid 2 would look like. Slightly more rounded corners, little bigger screen, chin is still there but a bit different.

If it is the Shadow, it may very well be my next phone. I'm finding I don't use the physical keyboard anymore. A nice looking phone like this one might just over-shadow the Droid 2.

Droid 2 will be packing a much bigger punch than the Shadow...

superglen99

Reaction score
how can you tell it has motoblur and what is so bad about that? Never used it so I cant say so please enlighten me?

nyijedi

Reaction score
how can you tell it has motoblur and what is so bad about that? Never used it so I cant say so please enlighten me?

The menu bar at the bottom of the screen is not stock android - it's a motoblur thing.

I hate motoblur for a few reasons:

1) I like stock Android. I think it's clean, simple, and easy to use.
2) Any time companies "skin" stock Android, it means that you'll be waiting FOREVER to get updates when Google releases them. It's very annoying. This is the MAIN REASON I like to stay with stock Android.
3) In addition to the above points, I've generally read bad reviews on Motoblur. The consensus seems to be that HTC's skin - SenseUI - is the only manufacturer skin worth a damn.

If you're a bit of a nerd like me, once you use Android, you'll LOVE Android. Any manufacturer skin just screws up a good thing.

nphil

Reaction score

The UI is also not open source. Crappy closed source UI over an open source OS = yuck (much like HTC Sense)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
This pic of the Shadow looks an awful like what I imagined the Droid 2 would look like. Slightly more rounded corners, little bigger screen, chin is s

As I said in the other thread, it's getting harder to decide what to get. I admit I don't use the physical keyboard anymore, but I'm willing to lug it around if it means greater performance/hardware. I'm honing to try my hardest to hold out for the droid 2/pro. I hope they keep a thin form factor. And some red accents/details would be hot!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pepsi149

Reaction score
nofficial preliminary specifications
Also known as Motorola Google Nexus Two, Motorola MB810
GENERAL 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
Announced Exp. announcement 2010, June
Status Rumored. Exp. release 2010, 2Q
SIZE Dimensions -
Weight -
DISPLAY Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
Size 480 x 854 pixels, 4.3 inches
- Accelerometer sensor
- QWERTY keyboard
SOUND Alert types Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
Speakerphone Yes
- HDMI port
MEMORY Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photo call
Call records Practically unlimited
Internal 512MB RAM
Card slot microSD, up to 32GB, buy memory
DATA GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps
3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2.0 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP
Infrared port No
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERA Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, face detection
Video Yes, 720p
Secondary Yes
FEATURES OS Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo)
CPU TI OMAP3630 processor, PowerVR SGX530 GPU
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email
Browser HTML
Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
Games Yes
Colors Black
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Via third party application
- MP3/eAAC+/WAV player
- MP4/H.263/H.264 player
- HD video (1080p) playback over built-in HDMI slot
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
- YouTube, Google Talk
- Document viewer
- Photo viewer/editor
- Organizer
- Voice memo/dial
- T9
BATTERY Standard battery, Li-Po

nphil

Reaction score
Comparison video between the OMAP 3430 and 3630 chipsets :
[video=youtube;lQQM3w8atsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQM3w8atsM&feature=player_embedded#]YouTube - Texas Instruments 65nm OMAP3430 vs 45nm OMAP3630[/video]!

80% improvement in framerates!

Droids

Reaction score

Yep, so we hear. And the Droid 2 keyboard is redesigned so that could make me start using it again. And presumably, the Droid 2 will not have Blur on it. So we'll continue to wait and see. Nice looking phone.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, so we hear. And the Droid 2 keyboard is redesigned so that could make me start using it again. And presumably, the Droid 2 will not have Blur on it. So we'll continue to wait and see. Nice looking phone.
So exciting! I hope motorola doesn't disappoint!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk