Motorola services running eating battery

patrick72

Reaction score
Should motorola services run all the time? On my x2 ms shows 70% of battery use. Can I freeze it or can someone offer a solution to curing the drain on battery? I am rooted, bloat frozen, using juice defender, and not syncing data.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

shahm0nsterr

Reaction score
Well many of the Motorola widgets/apps rely on Motorola services. I would suggest installing a custom Rom without all the Motoblur, if you don't use it that often. If you don't want to do that, google search "apps safe to freeze Droid X"

Other than that, see if there are any accounts or widgets refreshing constantly in the background.

religi0n

Reaction score
Well many of the Motorola widgets/apps rely on Motorola services. I would suggest installing a custom Rom without all the Motoblur, if you don't use it that often. If you don't want to do that, google search "apps safe to freeze Droid X"

Other than that, see if there are any accounts or widgets refreshing constantly in the background.

Installing a custom Rom you say? There are none, the bootloader remains locked for now.

--
OT, its usually good to keep those services running because certain components of Blur, and the phone itself rely on them. If you are having battery problems then it would be a good idea to remove any downloaded launchers (sometimes this helps), or any SMS clients like Handcent or GoSMS. Those add unnecessary services, and may help. As for the Motorola services...unless you are daring enough to try freezing them then you will be stuck until there are custom roms available.