Motorola Service Account

timrenzi573

Reaction score
I have been searching a lot trying to find out more about this error - apparently it has something to do with titanium backup overwriting a service id inside the phone?

I'm not getting it in my status bar like some people, nor is it causing me problems with adding new account types. The only problem I'm having is that it pops up when I click on check for system updates.

What I'm curious about is - should I even bother doing a factory reset? From what I know from my D1, that "function" was useless anyway, as the update just gets pushed onto the phone automatically when they send to your ESN. Will a phone in this state still receive updates?

OP
T

timrenzi573

Reaction score
I have been searching a lot trying to find out more about this error - apparently it has something to do with titanium backup overwriting a service id inside the phone?

I'm not getting it in my status bar like some people, nor is it causing me problems with adding new account types. The only problem I'm having is that it pops up when I click on check for system updates.

What I'm curious about is - should I even bother doing a factory reset? From what I know from my D1, that "function" was useless anyway, as the update just gets pushed onto the phone automatically when they send to your ESN. Will a phone in this state still receive updates?

And now all the social networking account types disappeared. going to factory reset this bad boy.

Dawg72

Reaction score
I am having the same error when checking for updates. Any solution discovered?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Will a phone in this state still receive updates?
update will likely fail, with bootstrap installed, any stock apps deleted/ frozen or any system files altered
same error when checking for updates
this is droid 2 global forum, not sure about the razr
could be problem with moto server not your phone

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Having Droid 2 Bootstrap installed doesn't affect the update process as long as you have logwrapper restored.