Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

moto-event.jpg

It's about time Motorola. Motorola is sending out invitations to a media event in Chicago that will be held on September 4th. It's pretty clear from the graphic that we're going to see a new Moto X, Moto G, the Moto 360, and a headset of some sort.

There's been numerous rumors about new devices from Motorola for several months now and the latest claim has been that the company is working on a new Nexus device for Google (Shamu?). While we have a good idea what we might see in a few short weeks in Chicago, we’ll do our best to keep an open mind.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nexus are a google thing so I doubt they will take a way from their brand by announcing a nexus. I have my money ready for the 360 hopefully they don't go crazy with the pricing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
So, does anyone think that they're planning some type of tightly woven Android Wear "system"? Something that close closely incorporates the watch, ear buds, and phone into a kind of personal assistant/life tracker? You can even throw glass into the mix.

I hope they have something up their sleeve, but I'm content with finally seeing the X+1 and 360 up for sale.

Parth18

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X XT-1052
New moto x will be excellent . Though sad to know that motorola has been acquired by lenove .Google would develop it better

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I bet there will be a new droid line released as well..

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I think it's going to be an all day meet and greet party for the press. Last year the Moto X release was a night long dance party celebration, and the tech sites that had previewed the device weeks earlier could publish their stories. The rest of the tech bloggers and sites that didn't get preview devices got their touchy-feely time at the "party" to give their first impressions. All the while Motorola tweeted specs and video demos all night.

Basically, the press embargo will be lifted sometime between midnight and 10am EST and the tech reporters can open the flood gates regarding their hands-on tests, official specs, videos and pictures.

This is the official Moto X release statement from last year, which was all Motorola put out at the announcement party. The press took care of the rest and we'll probably see something very similar tomorrow.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2013/08/moto-x-all-yours.html

I could be completely wrong, though.

Last edited:

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I think it's going to be an all day meet and greet party for the press. Last year the Moto X release was a night long dance party celebration, and the tech sites that had previewed the device weeks earlier could publish their stories. The rest of the tech bloggers and sites that didn't get preview devices got their touchy-feely time at the "party" to give their first impressions. All the while Motorola tweeted specs and video demos all night.

Basically, the press embargo will be lifted sometime between midnight and 10am EST and the tech reporters can open the flood gates regarding their hands-on tests, official specs, videos and pictures.

This is the official Moto X release statement from last year, which was all Motorola put out at the announcement party. The press took care of the rest and we'll probably see something very similar tomorrow.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2013/08/moto-x-all-yours.html

I could be completely wrong, though.

Oh wow, thanks