Motorola Sending Email to Some Droid X Users for New "Project"; Perhaps Gingerbread

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-x-ota.png

There are reports coming in from some folks that they received the above email from Motorola regarding a new "Project" that Moto needs help with. It looks like users who participate will be under a Non-Disclosure Agreement, but there are no details as to what the project is about. Right now, the speculation on the interwebs is that it could be "Gingerbread" for the Droid X. In case you have trouble reading the pic above, here's what the email said:
Dear Motorola Owners’ Forums member,

We are preparing a project for Droid X owners and would like to invite you to take part. We are now opening the project for registration.

Please click this link to take a short enrollment survey if you are interested. Please note that this is a confidential project under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this project on any public sites.

At this time, there are few details to share, but if you register we’ll provide more information. If you have any questions, please e-mail me here.

Thanks again, and we hope to be in contact with you soon.

- Matt
Motorola Owners’ Forums
Motorola Feedback Network
The speculation that this is Gingerbread may have some logic to it; however, there are a number of things that this could be. What do you guys think?

Source: PhanDroid

Ned

Reaction score
Matt from Moto Feedback was in charge of the pre-soak "test" updates for the D1. I was involved with a couple of them. The "non-disclousure" part would point to a potential Gingerbread update.

Based on my experience with the D1 tests, the live update to everyone could be only a couple of weeks away.

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Who cares about GB seriously, we already have it! What I am hoping for is that it will be the keys to unlock the boot-loader for the DX =).