Motorola says buy a different phone

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by 713King, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I applaud your decision and hope more and more people follow your example. The only message Motorola will understand is "low cash flow".

2. 713King

713King Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I held off on DI for this phone, now ill wait for December and see what's new at that time

3. nphil

nphil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just when I thought Motorola phones were becoming worthwhile to own once again... This "eFuse" BS is disheartening at best.

I'll jump back on the HTC train, thanks. If only they would release OMAP based phones. Sigh.

4. Droid Legion

Droid Legion New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I just checked Motorola's stock and it's up $0.25/share. I wonder how it'll do in the coming 2-4 week period if the number of X's are not sold compared to their projections.

I know a lot of people who can't get the Incredible are shooting for the X, instead.

Time will tell.

5. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +597
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3XL
    I picked up a boatload when it was at $6.80 per share two weeks ago. Judging by the response and reviews on the internet I suspect sales will be brisk and a nice spike is on the way. It's at $7.56 at closing today!

Go Moto!

Also, Motorola has an earnings report and projections coming up on the 29th.

Come on Droid X! comeon comeon comeon comeon...

6. Archerofthemoon

Ratings:
    +0
    I see all of your points, but I mean its only one drop of ink in a sea of milk. The droid family, correct me if I'm wrong as I am a current black berry owner, has opened up the eyes of smart phone users. The options that motorolla had opened up is a lot less limitless then blackberry and its counter parts. Yes, the original droid was like a sandbox for us to play with and create ROMs for and make it completely customizable, but they probably will unlock it with consumer requests more then the boycotts a majority of you are instantiating. Yes low business does catch manufacturers eyes, yes it will cause a change but will it be the one all of you want? Dedicated owners towards motorolla that are purchasing their new(er) products and requesting a change will also make the dev voices heard. Ok, it might be a cheap ap that they might release to over ride this eFuse but hey, a one time $5 fee for an ap like that, I'm not complaining. I know now I'll hear all about the fact of "it's not the $5's thats the problem, it's the premise of this issue that I have a problem with." Ok ok I see your point, but still who said it's motorolla's fault 100%? Ever think that Verizon made it mandatory as a steak holder of this product to instantiate this? If anything I'd split the blame.

I'll still be purchasing this phone as I need to move away from BlackBerry who has done nothing but provide an expensive paper weight. I'll live with the choice as I'm paying full retail for it when the store opens and offers it in the next 12 hours and 40 minutes and hope the Samsung galaxy has everything else when I'm eligible for my upgrade early next summer, or what ever the next competitive phone is.

I say give them a shot...

7. Asharad

Asharad New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup. I can't wait. I want my droidx! dancedroid

8. CSmith_AndroidD

Ratings:
    +0
    Well in the past people said things couldnt be hacked, smartphones no different and that changed. The MotoDroid was rooted, and that had the same problem.

However, if the encryption is 1024 bit... yes i would believe it may be, at least for now, uncrackable.

9. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest, I could really care less as long as it can be rooted. I just don't want to pay extra for tethering. People are throwing a hissy fit here about not being able to overclock a phone that can't be made to lag in the first place. This is a phone for consumers, hackers need not apply. Believe it or not, consumers far outnumber tinkerers. Did anybody consider that the phone may actually be good enough stock that custom roms will be completely irrelevant?

10. CSmith_AndroidD

Ratings:
    +0
    From the technical specs, it should be more than sufficient for the average consumer. well said.

11. Wnclivin

Wnclivin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Coming from using WinMo for the past few years, I'm actually looking forward to a solid-performing device that I don't have to flash a new ROM every day....it gets very addictive! I am optomistic of having Wifi router without having to pay for it, perhaps root will accomplish that.

12. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Changed my mind an just ordered the DX for $135 online with my discounts (PRMCD10 10% off promo). My old phone is dying and I can't wait. I could exchange for a Galaxy S if it arrives in 30 days but DX + Froyo may trump that.