Motorola Rumor Roundup

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
gsmarena_001.jpg

The latest Motorola leak shows us a new Motorola phone called the Motorola One Power. Odd name, but supposedly this will run a pure version of the Android One OS. I thought that OS was aimed more at the mid range market, but this phone doesn't seem all that mid range with this list of specs: Snapdragon 636, 3,780 mAh battery, 6GB of RAM, a FHD+ display, and 64GB onboard. The cameras at the back will be a 16MP main unit with f/1.8 and a second 5MP with f/2.0 lens. The selfie cam is 16MP with f/1.9. I guess the 636 would be considered mid range.
In addition, the Moto Z3 appears to have been accidentally outed, as well, when someone leaked a photo of a new Moto Mod that could add a 5G antenna to the otherwise 4G enabled phone. The Mod is shown with an as yet unknown phone. Smarter people than me claim it is the Z3 Play (pictured above).
This could certainly give new life to those of us on older Z's that want to keep our phones and get 5G.
LINK to the photo at the Verge. A few days later GSMArena found more pics of the Z3 Play from just about every angle. Check the links below.

Sources: One Power rumor at CNET.
Z3Play & Mod @ TheVerge
Z3 from every angle: GSMArena

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wondered how long it would take for this to be reported here. . I have been reading about this thing (the Motorola One) for a few days now in my Google News fees. Thanks PereDroid! . It looks like an interesting phone that kind of slipped under the radar.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wonder if the Motorola One will be sold by US Carriers, and will it work on Verizon? I hate to give up my Moto Mods, but I am intrigued....

As far as the 5G Moto Mod, I don't see those leaks being accurate. As I stated in the other thread covering the Z3 leak with 5G Moto Mod, I just don't see it being cost effective to mass produce. I don't see it selling much when 5G isn't even a real thing yet.

Last edited:
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Didn't report on the 5G mod because like you, I'm skeptical. Just heard about the One Power today.
Assuming the One will not come to the US. Are there any Android One phones here?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think the Moto X4 was / is an Android One phone.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I could be interested in this phone, except I'm sure it's probably another giant display.

Don't see the need for "faster" mobile, personally....obviously more capacity is better, and maybe they'll start offering home broadband to compete with cable at a reasonable price.

But definitely 5G will be a consideration in my next phone, so good thing I got a replacement battery for the 'ol Turbo since I'll probably use it another year or two. I do feel like it's starting to show it's age a bit, as I think apps are taking more and more ram and 3GB is starting to not be enough.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I could be interested in this phone, except I'm sure it's probably another giant display.

Don't see the need for "faster" mobile, personally....obviously more capacity is better, and maybe they'll start offering home broadband to compete with cable at a reasonable price.

But definitely 5G will be a consideration in my next phone, so good thing I got a replacement battery for the 'ol Turbo since I'll probably use it another year or two. I do feel like it's starting to show it's age a bit, as I think apps are taking more and more ram and 3GB is starting to not be enough.

Now that would be nice. I am getting tired of paying for two different internet services. I know others pay for more.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now that would be nice. I am getting tired of paying for two different internet services. I know others pay for more.

I expect AT&T will be the first to offer a bundle, and I believe their Uverse package already delivers cable over the internet connection (must be why their speeds were so lousy because of all the bandwidth used to deliver the tv signal).

I'm sure they won't be cheaper than Comcast and the others, but it would at least give people a second option where there currently isn't one. With 5G it's a real possibility - I think it's actually an average of 66 times faster, PLUS more capacity on higher frequencies....so I'm guessing well over 100X the capacity, which is certainly enough for home broadband AND "cable tv" delivered over it.

Last edited:
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ATT uses fiber in many places.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've seen some reports of a new Moto Mod battery that might be released with the Z3 series; with a Moto logo and a USB-C charge port.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm intrigued by this Motorola One phone. I doubt it will work on Verizon, or be sold by them but I still like it. Here are some
more possible (leaked & rumored) Motorola One Power specs and details:

Snapdragon 636 (same as the new Moto G6 +)
6GB RAM
64GB Internal Storage
3780 mAh Battery
16 MP Dual rear cameras
16 MP front camera, with flat field correction
NFC
Part of the Android One program

Motorola One_Leak.png

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm intrigued by this Motorola One phone. I doubt it will work on Verizon, or be sold by them but I still like it. Here are some
more possible (leaked & rumored) Motorola One Power specs and details:

Snapdragon 636 (same as the new Moto G6 +)
6GB RAM
64GB Internal Storage
3780 mAh Battery
16 MP Dual rear cameras
16 MP front camera, with flat field correction
NFC
Part of the Android One program

View attachment 78370
I like this rumor... As the other rumor is the Lenovo Z5 would be the Moto One

Pixel 2 XL

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Meh. Virtually borderless display. This is getting lame. It's like car companies advertising "we have blond spot monitors". When everyone has a thing, it's time to stop bragging about it.
And it's a bit disappointing that a lot of that marketing page is about mods.