Motorola Reveals TurboPower Car Charger for Droid Turbo and Other QuickCharge 2.0 Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-turbo-charger-for-car.png

Yesterday afternoon, Motorola took the wraps off a new accessory product that might make Droid Turbo owners happy. It's basically a TurboPower charger for your car.

The device uses the same Quick Charge 2.0 technology found in the TurboCharger 15 Wall Unit, except this one is for your car. The best part about this is that it isn't exclusive to the Droid Turbo. Any device which includes Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0 tech can take advantage of this car charger (like the second-generation Motorola Moto X, Nexus 6, HTC One (M8), HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G Flex 2 and the LG G4).

The accessory is available now on Motorola's website. It's a bit pricey at $29.99, but that might be worth it for some of you folks. Here's the link: Motorola TurboPower Chargers

Don't forget to hit up our dedicated Droid Turbo section for further discussion: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forum at DroidForums.net

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well.. Now we can turbo charger on the run...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There have been a number is other manufacturers who produced Quick Charge 2.0 compliant car adapters, many of which are reputable manufacturers and they've been available for a while. Incipio for instance has one for one third of that price on Amazon, $10.01 (plus $4.99 shipping unless combined with other purchases).

31bEgrcSPsL._SY400_.jpg

Amazon.com Car Charger Incipio Faster Quick Charge 2.0 USB Car Charger-Black Cell Phones Accessories

Also if you're like me you have 110 volts AC in your car (either built-in as is the case with my wife's Toyota Sienna, or using an aftermarket inverter as I do in my Ford F150 truck), so the standard wall block serves dual purpose.

Still, for the mainstream public, the overwhelming bulk of consumers this adapter will be a welcome addition to their car accessories. Let's also not forget that these chargers are downwardly compatible with non-Turbo Charge or Quick Charge 2.0 compliant phones or others devices, so you can use it with any USB powered device to charge safely.

Last edited:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure why but, I plugged my home turbo wall charger into my 110v outlet in my Jeep (turned the button on) and didn't do squat, No tickey,No Chargey I guess.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not sure why but, I plugged my home turbo wall charger into my 110v outlet in my Jeep (turned the button on) and didn't do squat, No tickey,No Chargey I guess.
That's very strange. The only thing I can think could possibly be the causes are either that the plug is not seated properly in the jack due to the wall block being larger than the typical plug and maybe getting blocked by some of the apparatus on the dashboard for instance, or that the 110 AC Jack in your Jeep is not functioning. I have a portable radio shack power inverter in my F-150, and it works perfectly, and it also works perfectly in the built-in 110 AC Jack in my wife's Toyota Sienna. I would say this is probably a mechanical or electronic failure somewhere between the jack and the plug but not the charger itself being incompatible with the power source in your Jeep.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Check the power source.. Fuse.. Breaker.. See if it powers anything else..