Motorola Pre Super Bowl Ad Takes A Few Swings At The iPad

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;ndhuEUX1kIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhuEUX1kIU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Goodbye 1984: Super Bowl Ad Teaser[/video]

Don’t you love seeing Motorola constantly attack Apple with their new line of products? Their latest attempt is striking the Apple iPad directly using the Motorola Xoom as the weapon. Their latest teaser ad uses a mysterious theme, like many of their previous Droid ads, but only states a few specs. This is actually not the Super Bowl ad… It’s the teaser ad to get us ready for the show and their multi-million dollar ad.

There is not much more to say about this video… We will just have to wait to see the real '$2,800,000/30 second Super Bowl ad' next week when the game airs.

Source (Motorola Preps Epic-Looking XOOM Teaser for Super Bowl | Android Phone Fans)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amagine

Reaction score
Funny considering how much work Moto's doing lately to lock down their devices.

It should say.. a couple more choices... and live freely within our boundaries

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Exactly. Android needs to quit locking down their system to keep separate from Apple. Thy are doing just as they complain about others doing.

BCrawford

Reaction score
How is this taking a swing at apple? Now the original droid ad, that was taking a swing at apple. This has nothing to do with it....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is this taking a swing at apple? Now the original droid ad, that was taking a swing at apple. This has nothing to do with it....

In 1984 Apple was the computer maker. Nobody had a better system, Microsoft was way in the back of the pack. That all changed however with the release of Windows 3.1. Steve Jobs stepped down and Microsoft became the Computer industry standard, except for those of us who knew better.

They fail to note that in that add. Like nothing had changed at all. Now Apple is on top again with the iPad and they took a direct shot at iPad. And as an iPad owner myself I say good job, keep the competition strong. Everybody wins that way.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That preview got me pumped for the Zoom.

The more competition the better.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

moosez3

Reaction score

QFT!

10char

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Exactly. Android needs to quit locking down their system to keep separate from Apple. Thy are doing just as they complain about others doing.
Not Android really, more to the point, its Motorola that needs to quit locking their devices down...

Even still, with a possibly locked bootloader like my DX, I will still, depending on price, jump on the Xoom tablet...its going to be an awesome device...

Amagine

Reaction score
No offense, I love my X.. It's just I would gladly pay a premium if they made an unlocked version. Even if they said "Your on your own"

I mean ****, even INTEL is designating with a K which of their processors are factory unlocked... :)