Motorola Plans to ship Up to 800,000 Xoom Tablets in Q1

spillner

Reaction score
This tablet needs to run as smooth as the iPad. Browser scrolling has always been a pet peeve of mine and the Galaxy Tab failed as far as I'm concerned. I really wish they would have let someone actually use this at CES instead of just showing videos.

So far I'm really excited for this. As long as it delivers on what it promises I'll definitely pick this up.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
This tablet needs to run as smooth as the iPad. Browser scrolling has always been a pet peeve of mine and the Galaxy Tab failed as far as I'm concerned. I really wish they would have let someone actually use this at CES instead of just showing videos.

So far I'm really excited for this. As long as it delivers on what it promises I'll definitely pick this up.

It was shown in real time use at the Verizon Keynote. It runs extremely buttery smooth in very aspect. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

spillner

Reaction score

It was shown in real time use at the Verizon Keynote. It runs extremely buttery smooth in very aspect. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cool, I could only find the same demo video. I'll look for that one.

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
Here it is in 1080p from Phandroid.

[video=youtube;3YiXlkiq8Y0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YiXlkiq8Y0"]Verizon Keynote showing off Honeycomb on XOOM Tablet.[/video]

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
I didn't mean to embed it. Sorry. You have to actually follow the link to Youtube to see it in 1080p.

him

Reaction score
I echo everyone on price...i have a rooted nook color and after having an "Android Tablet" so to speak its going to take something less than the current tab to make me go to another tab. Processor and eye candy are all good but what about actual everyday functionality? I still use my phone more than my nook so 600 bucks for something that will only be used at the house and on the occasional road trip is not really justifiable. I think prices will be on par with iPad putting this out of my price range.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think for any pad to be acceptable the key is to have great applications for it. Android doesn't, and I honestly wonder if they ever will.

People talk about Apple having a jump start in apps over Android and while that is true, people who buy iPhones and iPads are paying good bucks for these apps. Now I don't know about you but if I were a good developer (I'm not) I would probably go to where the money is at and I think that's Apple, not Android.

People have to become willing to open their wallets more for the Market to compete with the App Store. I cringe whenever I see a post where someone is saying, "Does anybody know of a good FREE app I can get that will do my laundry and tuck me in at night." Well, that free app is Mommy and may not be available anymore. Pay for decent apps and the Android Market will improve.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I think for any pad to be acceptable the key is to have great applications for it. Android doesn't, and I honestly wonder if they ever will.

People talk about Apple having a jump start in apps over Android and while that is true, people who buy iPhones and iPads are paying good bucks for these apps. Now I don't know about you but if I were a good developer (I'm not) I would probably go to where the money is at and I think that's Apple, not Android.

People have to become willing to open their wallets more for the Market to compete with the App Store. I cringe whenever I see a post where someone is saying, "Does anybody know of a good FREE app I can get that will do my laundry and tuck me in at night." Well, that free app is Mommy and may not be available anymore. Pay for decent apps and the Android Market will improve.

But that's the thing, a lot of the dev's offer a "free version" of their paid app, which just has an advertisement. I think if they all limited the functionality, so that people would start to pay for the app, then users would be more inclined to pay for something good. That, and there's so many people making knock-offs of everyone else's apps, that the 9.99 version by one dev could be roughly the same as a free app by another, without all the bells and whistles. I have purchased apps, and the ones I purchased come in handy, such as Root Explorer and SetCPU, and NFS is a fun app. It's all about marketing, and the devs have to make the benefits outweigh the cost of the app, especially when, like you said, people don't want to pay someone for their hard work.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Edit: Sorry, I don't think you said "people don't want to pay for their hard work".

Smolder

Reaction score
Rooted Nook color. $249. It has turned out to be an excellent android tablet. I continue to be impressed daily w/ it's performance.