Motorola Plans to ship Up to 800,000 Xoom Tablets in Q1

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
WiFi! Good to know. I'm back and forth on getting a Xoom, but a WiFi version cast another vote in the get one column.

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
Don't forget that there's a XOOM forum here now. It's kind of buried close to the bottom of the forum, but it's there. I posted a thread there yesterday regarding the price, but it's a speculative one from a UK site that's offering pre-orders. I wouldn't read too much into it, and I'm betting it will be lower than what they are asking (between $800-1,000 US!).

Valvoline

Reaction score
i cant wait. my laptop has been collecting dust for a while now. just to big and inconvenient. this tablet looks like the one for me. bring it on. Wifi only would be nice since i'll just use my rooted droid x with wifi thethering for signal, oh yeah!!! sign. me. up!:icon_ banana:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm picking this thing up as soon as it drops.
I've been waiting too long for this EXACT thing.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I WANT ONE!!!! or two..... maybe three...... haha, jk. But definitely want one. Hope it has an unlocked bootloader. I need a price asap tho. Need to know how much to put away to drop on this

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Everyone keeps saying after the software update... Why is that? Is 4G not going to be ready when the XOOM drops? or is honeycomb 3.0 not built for it, but 3.0.1 or something like it will? And how long after the drop will the update be available?

Most of these questions probably won't have answers just yet, but that's what I'm questioning

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
I doubt it will be that cheap. I'm optimistic for a $500-$600 price range for the wi-fi only version. That's the amount I have stashed away to buy the thing, so anything more and I might have to wait until the price comes down a little.

Ellectronico

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying after the software update... Why is that? Is 4G not going to be ready when the XOOM drops? or is honeycomb 3.0 not built for it, but 3.0.1 or something like it will? And how long after the drop will the update be available?

Most of these questions probably won't have answers just yet, but that's what I'm questioning

it will be 3g at launch and then you will have to send it in to Verizon to have it upgraded to LTE later on.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I doubt it will be that cheap. I'm optimistic for a $500-$600 price range for the wi-fi only version. That's the amount I have stashed away to buy the thing, so anything more and I might have to wait until the price comes down a little.
+1 very realistic guess, given the hardware. Last year I anticipated $400 (before the flood of cheap "imported" tablets arrived) but now that we're seeing much better hardware, I think a tablet in the $300-$400 range is gonna look pretty undesirable.

-Matt

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
i still havent decided if i want the Xoom or the eee slider

Just keep in mind that the XOOM is the flagship tablet for Android which means it will be like the Nexus 1. Any other device will have the manufacturer's own UI to deal with. XOOM will probably get Android updates first. At least I hope so.