Motorola Photon - Email issues

ajbusby

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this forum, and new to Android. I've had my photon for about a month and a half and have learned to really love Android! I don't however, love the email problems that I'm having with it, or, the phone? I have multiple email accounts all set up, FB, texting etc. Generally, they synch and push/pull fine, however, at least once a day, I have to turn the phone off, on, to resolve lack of synching/push/pull.... I can see emails that have already been retrieved, i can start, to send new ones or reply, but they constantly look like they are 'thinking' and the 'send' buttons etc are not available and still grayed out. If i turn it off/on, then they start to work again. I just received an update for Android and hoped it would help, not sure if it's an OS or phone system issue but find this VERY frustrating especially when some are time sensitive. This happens regardless if i'm in 4G, 3G or not... Can someone please help?

Motorola Photon
Model MB855
System Version: 45.2.7.MB855.Sprint
Android Version: 2.3.4

-Adam

*My apologies if this has been covered already somewhere else throughout the forum*

z96Cobra

Reaction score
This website is dedicated to the Droid series of Android OS phones. Only Android powered phones offered by Verizon AND sold under the Droid moniker have forums here. You will probably get a lot more help if you find a site that caters to your service provider and/or your phone model. Just don't get discouraged if you don't get much/any replies or help here, very few people here have any experience with your phone.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly the stock Android email app isn't great.

2 options:
Use K9 mail. Seems to be a much better solution than the stock app.
Second, forward (or have gmail poll) your email. You can set this up at gmail.com. That way the email will get pushed, just like Gmail, which is also easier on your battery.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.