Motorola or bluant?

Akita

Reaction score
been on newegg looking at reviews on bluetooth headsets and have narrowed it down to: motorola h17, motorola h720, and bluant t1. Does anybody have thoughts on which one I should get? Thanks

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I use the H17txt headset and I love it!! It is comfortable, good clarity and call quality and no complaints from whom I am talking to either...

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Hopefully more will respond

soba1

Reaction score
Here Is The Skinny On Both

Trust me when I say this I get new electronics outa sheer boredom.

H17 was a nice headset. I gave it to a woman I was with at the time because she was BT challenged. Ease of use great, clarity was nice
people on the other end said I sounded great. I did notice an app on the market (for motorola) that might offer some features that I am not aware of but out of the box very nice headset. They did have a couple of hook less ear pieces the fit was the most comfortable but it did seem that it could be easily lost. Not sure about the talk time

Blue Ant T1. Excellent noise reduction is good ear pieces great. Imo
the noise reduction is on par with the Jawbone Icon. The plus over
all the other headsets that this one has is that not only does it give u
the number when a call comes in. But it allows you to do voice answering.
Now what I didn't like about it was this. The AD2P it can be annoying because say if you have your phone set to click when u use the keyboard
and the dial pad and other system functions it can be annoying. Also
I did find that on my end the incoming call did sound kinda bassie. Call quality on the other end people said I sounded ok. Comfort was good
they did add some nice hookless ear pieces that worked pretty good.
Another plus is the 5hrs talk time. Stay away from the V1 that big silver
one because when I used it with my Droid there would be random static with that one don't know if Blue Ant provided a fix for that one.

Both are good headsets I don't recall doingg my extreme test with the h17. But I am going to give the edge to Blue Ant when it comes to noise cancellation, also the ability to be able to not only hear the number when the call comes in but voice answering is a major winner for me.
My extreme test you might ask. Driving on the freeway with the windows down and calling my work number to see how well it cancels noise. Also
going in the bathroom flushing the toilet and tunning the water etc. and calling leaving a message on my work phone.
So there u have it............

By the way I have used both on my Droid. I am planning one day to give the Blue Ant t1 a shot with my X.....

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
awesome info soba. Thats the kind of info I was lookin for

cdub998

Reaction score
Have you looked at the Motorola hx1 yet? I just bought one yesterday. I love it so far. Clarity and ease of use are top notch.

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
Soba,
When do you plan on using the blue ant on the droid x? How much of a pain is the on/off switch underneath the earpiece while having it in your ear?

As for the app on the h17, are you refereeing to MotoSpeak, the one that reads out your text messages? I'm assuming when Froyo drops, we'll have voice dialing for the h17 then?

Last edited:

tracerprix

Reaction score
Have you looked at the Motorola hx1 yet? I just bought one yesterday. I love it so far. Clarity and ease of use are top notch.

I agree! I love mine! I love stealth mode. I can be standing in front of my tractor trailer with the engine running and no one can tell!

soba1

Reaction score
Soba,
When do you plan on using the blue ant on the droid x? How much of a pain is the on/off switch underneath the earpiece while having it in your ear?

As for the app on the h17, are you refereeing to MotoSpeak, the one that reads out your text messages? I'm assuming when Froyo drops, we'll have voice dialing for the h17 then?

It may be a good month before I try it on my X. As far as the on off switch I always pulled mine off before powering it down.
Yea and Moto Speak is what it was. I didn't quite read exactly what it did. As far as voice dialing I am using it right now with my Icon

soba1

Reaction score

I agree! I love mine! I love stealth mode. I can be standing in front of my tractor trailer with the engine running and no one can tell!

Really? Wow......
I am partial to having that bt giving u the number
when a call is coming in. But that sounds awesome.

soba1

Reaction score
That hx1 has 7hrs talk time. Wow now talk time is very important to me as well. That's more talk time than that big Plantronics wow.

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
Been reading up the reviews on the Hx1 from Amazon and Newegg and there's not enough reviews for me to consider that for now.

Kinda leaning more towards the Blue Ant. Looks like it'll do just about everything I want it to.

soba1

Reaction score
Been reading up the reviews on the Hx1 from Amazon and Newegg and there's not enough reviews for me to consider that for now.

Kinda leaning more towards the Blue Ant. Looks like it'll do just about everything I want it to.

That's a good bet. My suggestion to you is this. Buy from someplace that you know u can return it or exchange it just in case. Good luck.

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
Got the t1 the other day.its pretty decent.i can hear people clearly but people on the other end can hear me but say there is a little bit of static feedback (kinda like when you speak to someone on a walkie talkie when you click over).however it only happens at the end of a response and its not too bad. I want able to update the firmware (it stalled when it was searching for internet updates). Called cust service and they said I could mail in my device if I couldnt get it to work on another pc.I'll wait before I have to do that as there will be several updates between now and then. Overall I think it does what I need it to do. Too bad you can only pair up to 2 devices.would have loved if it did@least 3.