Motorola Olympus Leaked About Screen

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
leakedmoto.jpg

Now I am not sure if this is really true, but Droid-Life just recently received a tip from the guys at Motorola with a screenshot of what is to be the Motorola Olympus. The Olympus is a device we have not heard much of, but is said to be Android powered mobile device or tablet, who knows. It will in fact be for Verizon, like all great Android products, and apparently will have Android 3.0.

The image shows the version being 3.0, and if you notice there is no more notification bar at the top. Well Droid-Life speculates either its missing in Gingerbread, or this image might just not be real. I think its option number two since I cannot think of any other way notification will be handled without a notification bar.

Does anyone believe in this? Tell us.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to believe in all things great that are Motorola - I will keep my fingers crossed and hold my thumbs :happy:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thinking more, if this is a real depiction of a Moto Device my guess would be that it is a Tablet, I am sure the first Motorola Phone to be released with 2.5 or 3.0 will be a Droid and this might also explain the missing notification panel

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although Droid Olympus does sound promising, and it does say "about phone" :icon_eek:

KillerVamp

Reaction score
It's a fake there is no 2.9 kernel branch of the linux kernel, we're only up to 2.6 so most likely gingerbread will be a 2.6 kernel

jimmy2179428

Reaction score
This will be a 4.0" LCD screen. We have been working on this phone for sometime now :) Good too see things are moving with this.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
This will be a 4.0" LCD screen. We have been working on this phone for sometime now :) Good too see things are moving with this.

Moto employee? Someone trying to sound like a Moto employee?

I doubt we'll lose the notification bar. It's very iconic to Android, and in some ways, it's claim to fame. It's really convenient, and something Apple's absolutely failed to compete with.

jimmy2179428

Reaction score

Moto employee? Someone trying to sound like a Moto employee?

I doubt we'll lose the notification bar. It's very iconic to Android, and in some ways, it's claim to fame. It's really convenient, and something Apple's absolutely failed to compete with.

LOL, I'm not a Moto employee. I'm actually one of their LCD suppliers.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt we'll see the notification bar gone, it's such a great feature

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is the SuperDroid some of us have been waiting for ?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Why are these screenshots always taken so seriously? As easy as it is to just change build.prop why would these even remotely be considered legitimate?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why are these screenshots always taken so seriously? As easy as it is to just change build.prop why would these even remotely be considered legitimate?

I think it has to do with the sources they come from, most of the time the sources have proven very reliable in the past so at some point you start trusting them. I have no idea if that is the case here but I would assume it is.