Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I know that Blur is the skin of Motorola. But I am hoping that Gingerbread or Honeycomb make it better this is what I mean by less Blur!!! That it get to the point that you do not notice it as much..

That wasn't aimed at you, but I agree. Less Blur is Better Blur. But that screen shot is just plain ugly. :)

If my next phone has a skin I'm hitting ADW up as soon as I can get the Market running. :D

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I know that Blur is the skin of Motorola. But I am hoping that Gingerbread or Honeycomb make it better this is what I mean by less Blur!!! That it get to the point that you do not notice it as much..

That wasn't aimed at you, but I agree. Less Blur is Better Blur. But that screen shot is just plain ugly. :)

If my next phone has a skin I'm hitting ADW up as soon as I can get the Market running. :D

I know it was not aimed at me...:) I will be Loading Launcher Pro Plus, Home Switcher, and Beautiful Widgets!!!:laugh:

altimax98

Reaction score
For me its launcher pro plus, gTabSimi widget and widget locker lol...

I don't know if I'll be getting this phone.. If its locked down like the other recent ones then I think I may go elsewhere.. Namely the thunderbolt... I need root badly and seeing the problems UD had with the x and d2 its not looking good.

Sent from one of those missing Droids

2005CTS

Reaction score
Now that HTC has "leaked" the images to the Thunderbolt...I wonder how long it will be before Motorola "leaks" the images to the Etna/Olympus?

I really want to compare these phones before I pre order the Thunderbolt if at all possible. While I don't like Motoblur...I do love the 1gig of RAM, dual core processor, HDMI port and the motorola accessories.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I loath blur and not just the launcher but contacts, messaging, gallery etc... I prefer an aosp experience or better yet CM which we'll never see on the DX, or other locked down moto's, until there is a way around the locked bootloader... I love moto build quality and accessories but I love pure android more. Too bad!

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Any idea what day and time(eastern time) the G4 CES show starts?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will be on Jan 6th. Attack of the Show will be there live. Dont know what time yet...

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Now that HTC has "leaked" the images to the Thunderbolt...I wonder how long it will be before Motorola "leaks" the images to the Etna/Olympus?

I really want to compare these phones before I pre order the Thunderbolt if at all possible. While I don't like Motoblur...I do love the 1gig of RAM, dual core processor, HDMI port and the motorola accessories.

In my opinion The Thunderbolt is no better then the EVO 4G.. Just slimmer. It is not HD no HDMI jack. It is garbage... It can't even compare to the Dual Core Phones!!!

briankeith513

Reaction score

1gig of ram!? Sweeeeeet! If true. Where did you read this, because this is my first time hearing that it would have a full gig of ram. I actually haven't heard of any phone with a full gig of ram.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

briankeith513

Reaction score
Question, why does everyone complain about the DX being "locked down" when we have root, run rooted apps, overclock, run themes, and more?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

1gig of ram!? Sweeeeeet! If true. Where did you read this, because this is my first time hearing that it would have a full gig of ram. I actually haven't heard of any phone with a full gig of ram.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...mpus-etna-rumors-information-pictures-11.html

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Question, why does everyone complain about the DX being "locked down" when we have root, run rooted apps, overclock, run themes, and more?

Its mostly for ppl wanting a complete custom ROM. We cant get custom kernels on the DX. And once you update the software it gets kinda tricky with rolling back and other things cuz of the locked bootloader.

I think you cant even roll back to previous software cuz of the locked bootloader. I dont run ROMs on my X so I'm outta the loop with info about ROMs on the X.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Its mostly for ppl wanting a complete custom ROM. We cant get custom kernels on the DX. And once you update the software it gets kinda tricky with rolling back and other things cuz of the locked bootloader.

I think you cant even roll back to previous software cuz of the locked bootloader. I dont run ROMs on my X so I'm outta the loop with info about ROMs on the X.

Exactly, no Cyanogen Mod because of a locked bootloader is plenty reason for me not to get one. Look at the plethora of roms for the OG Droid and then look at the amount of roms for the X. Big difference and it's probably mostly because of the bootloader.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

As many people have pointed out, a ROM for the X/2/variants are basically a glorified theme.

Awesome themes, mind, but the phone's software isn't changed on a fundamental level.

Status
Not open for further replies.