Motorola Olympus/ Etna Rumors, Information & Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMace23

Reaction score
I heard that CES will be a big disappointment if you are in the market for a handset. If you're in the market for a tablet you will be happy but for handsets nothing great will be intro'd.

I'm assuming you got this from bill at howardforums, I saw this too. But I think he meant no Motorola handsets for Verizon at CES, cause he's a moto employee. I guarantee LG will be announcing a high end handset for Verizon at CES, and I'm hoping Samsung and Motorola will do the same.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I heard that CES will be a big disappointment if you are in the market for a handset. If you're in the market for a tablet you will be happy but for handsets nothing great will be intro'd.

I'm assuming you got this from bill at howardforums, I saw this too. But I think he meant no Motorola handsets for Verizon at CES, cause he's a moto employee. I guarantee LG will be announcing a high end handset for Verizon at CES, and I'm hoping Samsung and Motorola will do the same.
you know what thats a great point........

BigMace23

Reaction score

you know what thats a great point........

Yea... it still sucks though cause I really wanted some solid info on the etna, but I guess we will have to wait a little longer

BigMace23

Reaction score
Its amazing how I go from last night thinking that the etna won't be announced at CES, to tonight when I think it might.... tweet from blackmanx, a very reliable source:

@black_man_x
The Panda
So does the peanut n choc comment have double meaning.. cld there be a device with a companion device? Hmm lemme check 2 month old tweet..

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Its amazing how I go from last night thinking that the etna won't be announced at CES, to tonight when I think it might.... tweet from blackmanx, a very reliable source:

@black_man_x
The Panda
So does the peanut n choc comment have double meaning.. cld there be a device with a companion device? Hmm lemme check 2 month old tweet..

I recall somewhere that was said there would be the Motorola Tablet with a companion device. Come to think of it, it was probably him. lol.
I'm really looking forward to the Etna.

Edit: Heres what I found about his tweet/

black_man_x:
I speak on the new moto device n then BGR has a post talking bout the motopad! Maybe I should share specs before I take off?

black_man_x:
Course the companion phone is more exciting to me..

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Reaction score
My Storm has now officially died. It just fast blinks its red light but will not boot up. What to do?!

Go on craigslist and buy a used Eris. It will not cost you much less than 100 and it is worlds better than your storm was. Get to play with rooting and everything android, then in March get one of the new phones...so that way you do not lose your upgrade.

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
My Storm has now officially died. It just fast blinks its red light but will not boot up. What to do?!

Go on craigslist and buy a used Eris. It will not cost you much less than 100 and it is worlds better than your storm was. Get to play with rooting and everything android, then in March get one of the new phones...so that way you do not lose your upgrade.

Or you can just go on Ebay and buy a $5 Battery and tough it out!!!! I am toughing it out with my wife's Storm!!!!

2005CTS

Reaction score

Or you can just go on Ebay and buy a $5 Battery and tough it out!!!! I am toughing it out with my wife's Storm!!!!

I called Verizon yesterda and told them I was holding out for an LTE device but that my battery died in my Storm and since I am out of my contract I need to do something ASAP to get back up and running.

They are overnighting me a new battery for my Storm. So...that should keep me going until the next round of phones go on sale after CES.

So...while my Storm has sucked and been a really bad experience...Verizon has once again given me good customer service. A new battery overnighted to me (should have by lunch today) is a great way to keep a customer.

Also - when I talked to the customer service manager - she said that Verizon will have three LTE devices go on sale in the 1st quarter of 2011. I told her that was different than the official comments from VZW's CEO just a few weeks ago who stated that they wouldn't have any until mid 2011. Her reply was that he will have an update to that timeline when he gives his keynote speach at CES next week. She told me that she expected something in the 1st quarter from HTC, Motorola and Samsung...in that order. She also went on to say that I should be very pleased with what is about to go on sale - and that I will be very thankful that I didn't use my upgrade earlier on a DX or DINC.

tmwilson02

Reaction score
Also - when I talked to the customer service manager - she said that Verizon will have three LTE devices go on sale in the 1st quarter of 2011. I told her that was different than the official comments from VZW's CEO just a few weeks ago who stated that they wouldn't have any until mid 2011. Her reply was that he will have an update to that timeline when he gives his keynote speach at CES next week. She told me that she expected something in the 1st quarter from HTC, Motorola and Samsung...in that order. She also went on to say that I should be very pleased with what is about to go on sale - and that I will be very thankful that I didn't use my upgrade earlier on a DX or DINC.

That is the best news I will hear all day. Isn't weird how hit or miss it is when talking to these people. Sometimes you get a person that doesn't know anything more than what phones were released 6 months ago. Then sometimes you get someone like that. Thanks!

leonozug

Reaction score
I am definitely waiting until both htc and motorola release their two new phones, I want to see which is better. I will be tempted to buy the inc hd which comes out first but I want to see what the etna has to offer too. Choices are good. : )

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Detailed Technical Specifications of Motorola Olympus MB860

Detailed Technical Specifications of Motorola Olympus MB860

Brand: Motorola
Browse Motorola devices Manufacturer: Motorola Mobile Devices
Browse all devices manufactured by Motorola Mobile Devices Hardware:Designer: Motorola Mobile Devices Expected:Release+Date: February, 2011 Physical+Attributes

Software:Environment

Embedded+Operating;System: Google Android 2.3
Browse devices running this OS Operating;System;Kernel: Linux 2.6.32 Microprocessor,:Chipset

CPU-Clock: 1000 MHz CPU: NVIDIA Tegra 2 250
Browse devices based on Tegra 2 250 Width-of;Machine-Word: 32 bit CPU;Core: ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore Instruction-Set: ARMv7-A Memory,_Storage+capacity

RAM;type: Supported RAM_capacity: 1024 MiB, 818MiB accessible ROM;type: Flash EEPROM Graphical_subsystem

Display+Type: color transflective TFT display Display+Color-Depth: 24 bit/pixel (16777216 scales) Video-out: 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution
HDMI Type D (HDMI 1.4) connector Audio-Subsystem

Audio+Channel(s): stereo sound Microphone(s): stereo sound Loudspeaker(s): mono sound Audio:Output: 3.5mm plug Cellular+Phone

Cellular-Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900, UMTS2100 Cellular;Data:Links: CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA Cellular;Antenna: Internal antenna Call:Alert: 40 -chord melody (polyphonic) Vibrating:Alert: Supported Speakerphone:: Supported Control;Peripherals

Positioning-Device: Multi-touch screen Primary;Keyboard: Not supported Directional-Pad: Not supported Scroll+Wheel: Not supported Interfaces

Expansion+Interfaces: microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash
Supports High Capacity (SD 2.0/HC) memory cards with capacity of up to 32GB USB: USB 2.0 client, Hi-Speed (480Mbit/s)
USB Series Micro-B (Micro-USB) connector Bluetooth_(802.15): Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate, Internal antenna Wireless;LAN/Wi-Fi:(802.11): IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
Internal antenna Infrared;Gate: Not supported Multimedia:Broadcast

Analog:: Not supported Digital-Media+Broadcast: Not supported Satellite;Navigation

Built-in:+module: Supported GPS;Protocol: NMEA 0183 GPS_Antenna: Internal antenna Complementary;GPS_Services: Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging Built-in_Digital-Camera

Sensor_Type: CMOS sensor Resolution: 3264 x2448 pixels (7.99MP) Autofocus:(AF): Supported Optical_Zoom: 1 x Macro_Mode: Supported Built-in-Flash: mobile light (LED): 1920x1080 pixels Recordable_Image+Formats: JPG Recordable-Video:Formats: MPEG4 Power;Supply

Battery+Technology: Lithium-ion polymer battery Battery_Build: removable Additional;Details

Built-in_accelerometer: Supported Additional;Features:
  • capacitive display
  • built-in digital compass
  • GPRS Class 12
  • EDGE Class 12
  • Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP
  • AVRCP)
  • DLNA
  • haptic feedback
  • speech recognition
  • image stabilization
  • face detection
  • Google Maps Navigation
  • Google Search
  • Gmail
  • Google Calendar
  • Google Talk
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
  • HAC (M3/T3)
  • [FONT=inherit ! important] [/FONT]10.1
Related_Page: http://www.motorola.com
Datasheet+State:
Incomplete specifications

Motorola Olympus MB860 Detailed Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications

2005CTS

Reaction score
Am I reading that correctly....it will have a gig of ram?!?!

RAM;type: Supported RAM_capacity: 1024 MiB, 818MiB accessible ROM;type: Flash EEPROM Graphical_subsystem

Status
Not open for further replies.