Motorola Olympus/ Etna Rumors, Information & Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's very close to the Retina display of the Iphone 4, and it's pure awesomeness.
It's 960X540 16:9, 24 bit, 518,400 pixels of sexified display. I think I am in love with Moto.

Ehhh, over 6 months after the IPhone I was expecting someone to raise the bar not bump up beneath it.

Not that the differences are really that noticeable, but someone is going to hit with 720P, probably Apple in June, and it's going to be a much bigger deal than it should.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's very close to the Retina display of the Iphone 4, and it's pure awesomeness.
It's 960X540 16:9, 24 bit, 518,400 pixels of sexified display. I think I am in love with Moto.

Ehhh, over 6 months after the IPhone I was expecting someone to raise the bar not bump up beneath it.

Not that the differences are really that noticeable, but someone is going to hit with 720P, probably Apple in June, and it's going to be a much bigger deal than it should.
But the thing is that even bumping up right under it, this phone will blow that one away with the hardware (and Android awesomeness), the differences will be very slight in the visuals department, and it won't cost as much.

briankeith513

Reaction score

Dude, this is a big deal. It's close to the retina display as you can get, but on a larger display. That's awesome, and no one else besides LG can touch it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That would be my phone, although I was hoping for the 4.3" display.

Anyone know anything about "QHD" display?

Thanks, cuz I was just getting ready to ask what it was too.

I know Motorola will treat it like the Galaxy S line and have a version of it on Verizon. They have to. Verizon and Android helped ppl remember the name Motorola again.

WP7 and Android are about to be big sellers on AT&T. Android phone upcoming buzz words: dual core, Tegra, QHD display (hopefully marketed to match or rival the iPhone 4's display)....

I see you AT&T..I see you....

I agree. And guess whats gonna happen? Its gonna be a huge deal made of it. Again. I dont really like Amoled so I'll take it.

Last edited:

EgooEspada

Reaction score

I highly doubt we'll see a higher resolution from the iPhone in June. They'll keep it the same resolution for at least another year - to prevent further fragmentation of their platform.

Either way, I'm impressed by Motorola.

Status
Not open for further replies.