Motorola OG Droid Random Moving Touchscreen

nwasquad

Reaction score
I bought a new OG Droid about 1-1.5 years ago (off CL) and it worked fine so far without any problems. This last week, however, the touch screen has caused problems: it starts to move by itself (even when I'm not touching it), when I DO touch it or try to scroll, the screen wont respond 95% of the time, and most of the random touching/moving by itself that occurs does so with the top portion of the notification screen (ie- it constantly scrolls up and down the "notification" bar on the top where missed calls/txts/emails show up)

The random moving/touching kind of looks like this: [video=youtube;gKO9Cmv4ZwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKO9Cmv4ZwA[/video]
(except, again, it basically occurs with the notification bar up top)

I have not dropped it, caused it to come into contact with water/liquids, subjected it to extreme temperatures, etc. Basically this problem starting to occur out of nowhere.

2 questions:

1) Does anyone have any reason why this might occur, and if so, are there any fixes
2) If I brought this in to Verizon showing them the problem, would they be able to provide me with a replacement device or because I did not buy it at a VZ store, would they not be able to do anything for it?

Thanks in advance.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
My d2 occasionally does this and I just pull the battery for about a minute and it works fine.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
N

nwasquad

Reaction score
Drew, I tried pulling the battery for a few minutes, tried turning it off/back on multiple times, and neither of those methods worked

I also want to add I am NOT rooted; however, I am open to try rooting as part of a solution (if needed)

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know then, sorry I couldn't help. Verizon wouldn't do anything
With my phone I didnt buy from them, but it couldn't hurt to try it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Same problem dude.. I now own a Bionic though. After a while, you're going to find that a portion of your screen won't work, vertically. Meaning, if you get lucky like I did, every bit of the screen vertical to the back button, will stop working. After a few months of living with that, half of the screen stopped working.. That day I got my Bionic.

It appears to be deterioration, and will get the best of all the OG's eventually. The only thing I have to recommend is a screen replacement (ubreakifix or whatever it's called and other phone repair places) or the route I chose: A new phone. My OG is still sitting in my Bionic's box, that's where I laid it down to rest. Best da(ng) phone I've ever had.