Motorola Officially Unleashes the Droid RAZR HD, HD MAXX & Droid RAZR M

armeddroid

Reaction score
Why is everyone saying the specs are the same?

Droid razr = 1.2ghz processor /1780maH battery/4.3in screen
droid razr hd = 1.5ghz processor /2500maH battery/4.7in HD screen

Not the same to me.

No, the HDs are the same.
Both have 4.7" screens with the same processor.
Only difference is battery and storage.

The "M" is the one that is 4.3" and is the one singled out thas is different from the HD's.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
1gb of RAM should be more than sufficient for quite some time if the software is tuned right.

I also would like to know if they tweaked the camera at all to finally come remotely close to HTC or Apple's ability to take quality photos quickly.

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
1gb of RAM should be more than sufficient for quite some time if the software is tuned right.

I also would like to know if they tweaked the camera at all to finally come remotely close to HTC or Apple's ability to take quality photos quickly.

but why not throw in 2GB of RAM? wouldn't that future proof the phone a little more?

B

armeddroid

Reaction score

Hopefully some of the Hand's On Demos show us the camera features.
Idk why these announcements are rushed.

Sakeem

Reaction score

This is also a needed upgrade. I guess now we can only sit and wait for the hands on reviews to start pouring in.

rushmore

Reaction score
The main issue for me is the lame fixed navigation bar. This reduces the actual usable size of the HD to barely bigger than the original RAZR and makes the M the same display size as the coming iPhone 5- 4".0.

The practical problem if a gamer is the nav bar is too easy to touch by accident. As example, gaming on the Gnex is an exercise in frustration.

armeddroid

Reaction score
So..i am curious about this advertisement for these upcoming phones.

Motorola will give you a $100 credit to your new phone if your phone doesnt give you Jellybean.

"Motorola and Verizon's joint event today in New York kicked off with an awesome announcement: if your phone doesn't get a Jelly Bean update, they'll knock off $100 on your upgrade to a Motorola device. The details are still a bit sketchy, but it's great news, especially combined with their new developer initiative. Motorola said that they're aiming to roll out Jelly Bean to as many of their devices as possible. Apparently most of the ones launched since 2011 will be upgradeable, while all of the new devices announced today will either be launching with Jelly Bean or will have an upgrade in short order.
Being owned by Google is starting to have some perks, eh Moto? So, would you guys side with Motorola or any other device manufacturer that had a deal like this going on? It certainly eases the pain of staying up to date."

Hmmmmm

mgrande

Reaction score
I'm thinking just before or on Black Friday.

Tjays just as bad for me. I can only get about 3 hours out of my droidx. I cant justify spending $30 on a new battery when Ill be getting a new phone soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Does that mean that I can trade in my thunderbolt and get $100 towards a motorola phone?

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
So..i am curious about this advertisement for these upcoming phones.

Motorola will give you a $100 credit to your new phone if your phone doesnt give you Jellybean.

"Motorola and Verizon's joint event today in New York kicked off with an awesome announcement: if your phone doesn't get a Jelly Bean update, they'll knock off $100 on your upgrade to a Motorola device. The details are still a bit sketchy, but it's great news, especially combined with their new developer initiative. Motorola said that they're aiming to roll out Jelly Bean to as many of their devices as possible. Apparently most of the ones launched since 2011 will be upgradeable, while all of the new devices announced today will either be launching with Jelly Bean or will have an upgrade in short order.
Being owned by Google is starting to have some perks, eh Moto? So, would you guys side with Motorola or any other device manufacturer that had a deal like this going on? It certainly eases the pain of staying up to date."

Hmmmmm

interesting. dont know if i can chance another Moto device though.

B

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
There will be developer versions of the razr hd, and the m Developer Edition - Motorola Mobility LLC. USABut i wonder what's in stored for the moto/intel event? Or did this event replace it?

I still would love to have a new Motorola Droid Nexus powered by an intel processor, i hope that this is what they're holding off on. That way i can give my gnex to my gf and i get a new toy DancingNexus

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
im waiting to hear rumors on a droid 5 now. I bet they are coming. They would let the original droid line die out. it's going to be massive though if it wants to compete. at least a 4.3 screen, thats big enought for a 6-Row slider!!! LOL! id settle for bigger buttons

B

chickaholic

Reaction score
Howdy DG, is there an HDMI port on any of these new MOTOs?

OP Fully Updated Now. While I was developing the post, I added everything I could to make sure we didn't miss any details. The only other thing worth noting is that Motorola specifically made mention that they will be offering unlocked developer editions separately from now on to be able to bypass Verizon's restrictive nature.