Motorola Now 'Cautious' about Partnership with Verizon because of iPhone

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Like I said on motorola's forum, you can not just throw aside your fanbase. If you say "only 5% of our fanbase are rootusers so we can just forget about them" well if that 5% are the people hyping you phone and telling all their buddies and writing news about you then that news will spread. All they need to do is concentrate on the hardware and relax on dictating what people can do with their devices. Unlock the bootloaders and lets get back to business.

jayman350

Reaction score
I just read on engadget that the xoom is going to be unlocked with a bone stock version of honeycomb. There may still be hope for future phones.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

big al

Reaction score
unlock the bootloader and vanilla the os so we get updates from google. that will re-energize their business. everyone wants the first updates

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is a marketing ploy by motorola to get people to buy xoom IMO. I never trust anything that moto says.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is a marketing ploy by motorola to get people to buy xoom IMO. I never trust anything that moto says.

I am almost want to agree with you. The forst android phone was pure vanilla and unlocked. They go the hype and off life support and as a sign of gratitude they locked down future android phones.

jayman350

Reaction score

I bet that is 100% true especially since it is shipping without SD card support or flash...they probably ran out of time and didn't have the time to lock it down. Of course I have no idea what phase of operations locking the bootloader is when things are produced.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

66dude

Reaction score
Referring to the title of the thread, I am picturing the jealous wife (Motorola) cautiously following her husband's every move (Verizon) as he ogles the babysitter (iPhone) :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't worry Moto will be out of business soon.

Absolutely will. They make garbage phones so its inevitable.

Sent from my GB Incredible

Their hardware is phenomenal and their screen resolution is the best out there behind the iphone 4. Motorola's hardware is not the issue, in fact if it was not for the bootloader issue motorola would be mopping the floor with other android manufacturers. My droid 2 hardware wise is a big step above the d1.

moosez3

Reaction score
Moto continues to make the wrong moves. What will they fail at next?

how about releasing the Xoom without SD card support, no flash, and whatever else comes out about it.... oh yeah and the $800 price tag. Its a shame too, the Xoom looks really nice, but the fact that it has these issues makes it very hard to justify dropping $800 on a tablet that is not fully functional

Yeah that's something you should have taken care of before release, and if you couldn't get it done by release.. push the release back and let everyone know that you did it because you wanted a complete product to come out, not 1 that was half finished.

true lol!

Don't worry Moto will be out of business soon.

Their hardware is phenomenal and their screen resolution is the best out there behind the iphone 4. Motorola's hardware is not the issue, in fact if it was not for the bootloader issue motorola would be mopping the floor with other android manufacturers. My droid 2 hardware wise is a big step above the d1.

It seems moto would have been out of business had it not been for the OG, and Verizon's Marketing for it. I guess they just got lucky with a phone as they are making the same dumb decisions they always have...

It just doesnt make sense. Has anyone ever said, "Man I love motoblur, or locked bootloaders!" why would they do this then?
:icon_evil:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how about releasing the Xoom without SD card support, no flash, and whatever else comes out about it.... oh yeah and the $800 price tag. Its a shame too, the Xoom looks really nice, but the fact that it has these issues makes it very hard to justify dropping $800 on a tablet that is not fully functional

Yeah that's something you should have taken care of before release, and if you couldn't get it done by release.. push the release back and let everyone know that you did it because you wanted a complete product to come out, not 1 that was half finished.

true lol!

It seems moto would have been out of business had it not been for the OG, and Verizon's Marketing for it. I guess they just got lucky with a phone as they are making the same dumb decisions they always have...

It just doesnt make sense. Has anyone ever said, "Man I love motoblur, or locked bootloaders!" why would they do this then?

That comment is so true. Most business if the customers revolt to an idea they would either go back to what works or provide a compromise, like a version or device to satisfy the fan base that help make them. But hey they are gambling that the hacking community is small and that they can make money off of the average user.

moosez3

Reaction score

true lol!

That comment is so true. Most business if the customers revolt to an idea they would either go back to what works or provide a compromise, like a version or device to satisfy the fan base that help make them. But hey they are gambling that the hacking community is small and that they can make money off of the average user.

Honestly I feel like an a top-of-the-line android phone user is not average. Those people buy iPhones. There are sooooooo many more people it seems like (here at UCF) that have iPhones instead of Android phones, let alone one type of android phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
true lol!

Honestly I feel like an a top-of-the-line android phone user is not average. Those people buy iPhones. There are sooooooo many more people it seems like (here at UCF) that have iPhones instead of Android phones, let alone one type of android phone.

Average user is referring to the people who dont care about root and just use their device stock out of the box.