Motorola Logo Freeze

sanchez19

Reaction score
So, I am somewhat technology savvy, but I seem to have done something rather awful to my Droid.

It is said that patience is a virtue, obviously I need to pay more attention. I was far too impatient for the OTA FroYo update and decided to flash one from Droid-life.com

Things went well, FroYo was beautiful, but for some reason my Gmail account was not syncing. It wasn't even in my phone anymore. I attempted to add the account into the Gmail app, but it just led me to a blank screen with "Add an account" at the top. I tried to connect my Gmail through the other email client on the Droid and it said there was a server connection error of some kind. What is interesting is that my Facebook and Twitter were both syncing perfectly fine.

Anyway, I then tried to get to the market in order to restore all my paid apps and such and it wouldn't open. It would start to open and then return to the app drawer. This happened with the Gmail app eventually as well.

I became very frustrated and decided I would rather just go back to the factory settings and wait for the OTA of FroYo. I tried to restore using SPRecovery. It didn't work.

Now, my phone will not get past the Motorola Logo after I reboot it. I can only get anywhere if I boot into recovery mode. This is not as helpful as one might think, because the restoring process is not working.

I have NO idea what to do. I'm trying my best not to throw my phone into a pit of mulch and lava, but it is getting increasingly difficult as my frustration grows. I have a folder containing all of the contents from my Droid from before I rooted the phone. Will this be of any help to me? Is there anything I can do to just go back to the standard, out-of-the-box, nothing fancy or cool, software?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
(Needless to say, I will never ever be rooting again. Haha)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
which nandroid back up did you restore. I was going to suggest restore the froyo one (the one you used to install it) wipe data wipe cache.

Or just flash rsdlite to 2.1 sprecovery.

millbean

Reaction score
having same issue phone is frozen on m boot screen and i can not get into recovery.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you flash an RSD Lite sbf it will cleanse your phone. I suggest flashing the 2.1 with SPRecovery sbf.

millbean

Reaction score
battery was low didnt realize it was that drained, cant keep my hands off this phone!