Motorola Lapdock 100 on Clearance at VW for $49.97

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
Lowfatdog already mentioned this in the "shock" thread, but I think it deserves a thread of its own so others can see this and take advantage of the deal. VW has the Motorola Lapdock 100 on clearance for $49.97 in stores only while supplies last. I called my local store and they had one left. I've been playing around with it for about an hour. Wow!!! It rocks!!! My Maxx has already saved me from using a computer as much as I used to, but I still carried around a laptop from time to time for heavier use (typing in particular). But from now on, I plan on using this light weight, very portable lapdock instead of my laptop. I've loved my Maxx since day one, and it keeps on getting better!!

NCCamper

Reaction score
All of my local VZW stores are sold out. One of salesmen at a local store managed to find one at a store 60 miles away, and are having it shipped to the local store. I was very lucky to find one at all. Can't wait to see how it works with the Razr!

lowfatdog

Reaction score
All of my local VZW stores are sold out. One of salesmen at a local store managed to find one at a store 60 miles away, and are having it shipped to the local store. I was very lucky to find one at all. Can't wait to see how it works with the Razr!

I bought one made for another motorola phone months ago. I bought the cables online to make it work. It is pretty nice. You can hook up a mouse. You can use it anywhere you get a signal for your phone. Since it is hooked up directly to the phone you don't have to pay any extra data charges. You won't be disappointed in it. One of the stores in Lima, Ohio had 2 left yesterday. I was tempted to buy on but it is pretty much the same as what I already have (but made for the RAZR and Max). Btw, this uses your phone for the processing power. It will not work without your phone hooked to it. It does have its own battery and I believe it will charge your phone also.

Last edited:
OP
PurpleSunday

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
I bought one made for another motorola phone months ago. I bought the cables online to make it work. It is pretty nice. You can hook up a mouse. You can use it anywhere you get a signal for your phone. Since it is hooked up directly to the phone you don't have to pay any extra data charges. You won't be disappointed in it. One of the stores in Lima, Ohio had 2 left yesterday. I was tempted to buy on but it is pretty much the same as what I already have (but made for the RAZR and Max). Btw, this uses your phone for the processing power. It will not work without your phone hooked to it. It does have its own battery and I believe it will charge your phone also.

It works fine with my Maxx without any additional cables. I have to turn the phone backwards (screen facing away from the monitor, plugs to the right) to get it to fit into the holder. Yes, the lapdock battery does charge the phone whether it's plugged in or not. A wireless USB mouse works better than the touchpad. You can change the pointer speed under System Settings > Language & Input. Disregard a lot of what you read online about older versions of Webtop. Webtop 3.0 is already installed on ICS, and is a little different than most info I found online. The toolbars are different, and it doesn't have Firefox.

lowfatdog

Reaction score
It works fine with my Maxx without any additional cables. I have to turn the phone backwards (screen facing away from the monitor, plugs to the right) to get it to fit into the holder. Yes, the lapdock battery does charge the phone whether it's plugged in or not. A wireless USB mouse works better than the touchpad. You can change the pointer speed under System Settings > Language & Input. Disregard a lot of what you read online about older versions of Webtop. Webtop 3.0 is already installed on ICS, and is a little different than most info I found online. The toolbars are different, and it doesn't have Firefox.

I should have explained better, When I bought mine it was the bionic lap dock. That's why I needed the cables. It was not made for the Max. The 100 is made for the Max. I also like a wireless mouse!

NCCamper

Reaction score
Hi,

Picked up my Lapdock 100 (box specifically says for Droid Razr) this afternoon. I've been playing with it for a couple of hours. This thing is exactly what I needed. Worked right out of the box, and Webtop 3.0 is working perfectly! And yes, good call on the USB mouse - the trackpad, well...I hate them, even on my Thinkpad. I am going to get a Microsoft Arc wireless. Any tips to get the most out of this will be appreciated.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Just located a (3) lapdock, honest injun, is it worth 50 bucks, probably just use it as a 3g/4g portable lap dock around the shop.

cleave

Reaction score
After reading this, i stopped at my local Verizon store and bought their last one. I came home and tried it out and it works pretty good, just don't really see the benefit, other than being able to play with your phone on a larger screen. I'm deciding if i want to keep it, or sell it on Ebay for a profit :)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
cleave said:
After reading this, i stopped at my local Verizon store and bought their last one. I came home and tried it out and it works pretty good, just don't really see the benefit, other than being able to play with your phone on a larger screen. I'm deciding if i want to keep it, or sell it on Ebay for a profit :)

So I should save my 50 bucks for beer, is the phone secure in it or is the cable the only thing holding the phone to the dock?

cleave

Reaction score
lloydstrans said:
So I should save my 50 bucks for beer, is the phone secure in it or is the cable the only thing holding the phone to the dock?

Definitely save your $50 for beer. There is a rubber-like hard cord that plugs into the top of your Maxx (if you have a Maxx?), your phone fits into a rubberized slot on the back. However, if you have an Otterbox case (like i do), or perhaps any other case on your phone, it will not fit in the slot and your phone will need to lay behind the lapdock while it's attached to the cord.

On the other hand, these things are selling for almost twice as much on Ebay. You may want to purchase it strictly to resell for a substantial profit :)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
cleave said:
Definitely save your $50 for beer. There is a rubber-like hard cord that plugs into the top of your Maxx (if you have a Maxx?), your phone fits into a rubberized slot on the back. However, if you have an Otterbox case (like i do), or perhaps any other case on your phone, it will not fit in the slot and your phone will need to lay behind the lapdock while it's attached to the cord.

On the other hand, these things are selling for almost twice as much on Ebay. You may want to purchase it strictly to resell for a substantial profit :)

Beer it is, thanks for assessment, I could picture it now carrying to show something to someone, oops, phone starts to fall, reaction to grab phone causes both to fall, splat. Thanks again.

lowfatdog

Reaction score
It really depends on what you use it for. I think it has a ten inch screen and is made to work similar to a laptop, without the drives. If you want internet access on a bigger screen anywhere you have a phone signal, this is for you. If you want to be able to text, surf the internet on a thin very portable device and listen to music or watch videos on a bigger screen, in your car or while at work, this is for you.
It is very nice for the right applications, it won't be for everyone. But it is not a waste of money IMO. You can't even buy a tablet for $50.00 and although different, in a lot of ways its better!

Unsocial

Reaction score
Netflix will not play on the lapdock...I do not understand why I can watch Netflix on my phone, but if I access it through the lapdock it is not compatible. Has anyone gotten it to work?

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Netflix app works on my wife's lapdock 100. She is not rooted or anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TauntingBull

Reaction score
Netflix will not play on the lapdock...I do not understand why I can watch Netflix on my phone, but if I access it through the lapdock it is not compatible. Has anyone gotten it to work?

Netfilx plays fine for me.... that was the first thing I tested...