Motorola JB soak testers

olneyrich

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get it my number they wanted is not big enough it is only 14 numbers long so guess I named SOL

Krenzy

Reaction score
You need to give your IMEI, not MEID as they listed. The IMEIis 15 digits long ;)

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I don't want to rain on everyones parade but please consider this before clicking the link above to sign up for the soak test.

First, you must completely understand what a soak test is. It IS a TEST and by signing up you are (or at least should be) responsible to report back to the motorola support forums any problems you encounter. It only serves to make the final build that much better.

It is a test, so it may not be the final version and you must understand that it could potentially cause problems on your phone. So remember, by signing up, you ae assuming that responsibility.

It is NOT an early preview for a gifted few or those who can't wait for the final version. It is a test, and for it to work, you really need to provide accurate feedback on the motorola support forums.

I really can't say this enough. I have taken part in many tests and fedback is very valuable. I have seen it many times in the past too where people have been "soaked" and do nothing but complain about it. If yo uare signing up just to get it early, take into onsideration that it is like a lottery and not everyone gets it so unless you intend on participating, hold off until the final version arrives so someone who is going to participate and contribute can.

Sorry for the rant, I just want to make sure everyone understands what it is.

End Rant.

David

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I don't want to rain on everyones parade but please consider this before clicking the link above to sign up for the soak test.

First, you must completely understand what a soak test is. It IS a TEST and by signing up you are (or at least should be) responsible to report back to the motorola support forums any problems you encounter. It only serves to make the final build that much better.

It is a test, so it may not be the final version and you must understand that it could potentially cause problems on your phone. So remember, by signing up, you ae assuming that responsibility.

It is NOT an early preview for a gifted few or those who can't wait for the final version. It is a test, and for it to work, you really need to provide accurate feedback on the motorola support forums.

I really can't say this enough. I have taken part in many tests and fedback is very valuable. I have seen it many times in the past too where people have been "soaked" and do nothing but complain about it. If yo uare signing up just to get it early, take into onsideration that it is like a lottery and not everyone gets it so unless you intend on participating, hold off until the final version arrives so someone who is going to participate and contribute can.

Sorry for the rant, I just want to make sure everyone understands what it is.

End Rant.

David
Just to add a note to the excellent comments YellowJacket made. If you want to be part of a soak test go here:https://forums.motorola.com/hives/680bee9fa6/summary. You must join the Motorola Feedback Network to be asked to participate in a soak test, and it is probably to late for this one. You should also keep in mind that you have to be "bone stock" to participate...no root. If you've been rooted and restored back to stock before the soak test is provided OTA that is alright, but they're (Motorola) is going to ask you if you've ever been rooted. No big deal, answer yes and unroot before the soak starts.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Completely unroot or will a temp unroot through Voodoo do?

blackhawk1134

Reaction score
So when I try to go to motorola owners forum it says access denied... Why is that??? Was logged in to it and had it bookmarked???

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
So when I try to go to motorola owners forum it says access denied... Why is that??? Was logged in to it and had it bookmarked???

They changed up the forum a little bit. If you haven't been there since 2012 then you'll need to change your password and log in with your email address

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Completely unroot or will a temp unroot through Voodoo do?
To be safe completely unroot if you're part of the soak. From my past experience users who were rooted or used RootKeeper during the soak had big problems getting the OTA update (the soak test version) to install. If you really want to make sure you have an error/trouble free update to JB I recommend you unroot, restore back to stock .211, take the update and then root. Nothing like a fresh, clean phone to start with on a new updated software version:biggrin:

Krenzy

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I may have to wait until the OTA then since I no longer use a home computer, and thus can't unroot.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I may have to wait until the OTA then since I no longer use a home computer, and thus can't unroot.

Are you rooted now? What system version are you running?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2