motorola is fading fast with there droid phones

roach

Reaction score
I had a droid razr maxx hd awesome phone,screen went black took it to verizion they gave me a new droid_maxx 1080m but they did not keep my old phone.I realized it only had 16 gb of storage and no place to add a sd card.
I feel like I just downgraded.So I asking is this the end of motorola,are they ever going to compete with samsung and apple again.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually, the Motorola Droid Maxx is more advanced than the RAZR Maxx HD. Although it doesn't make much sense due to the names, it's true.

The Maxx has a bigger battery giving better battery life, a bigger LCD, 1 GB RAM more, and a better camera at 10+ megapixels. You got the better of the deal, and frankly, it's a nice phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When the droid first came out it was a partnership to give Verizon a phone that could compete with the At&t exclusive iPhone. Now android and apple have evolved and expanded to different carriers and companies the landscape has changed. The droid-line is more of verizon's vision of what they want android to look like. Motorola finally broke out with their version of what they want to be their flagship phone in the Moto x. So when you say "motorola is fading" I have to beg the differ and say the droid-line is fading as the motorola brand is actually rebounding thanks to the Moto G and Moto E.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
"Droid" was actually VZW branding that they licensed from George Lucas.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Actually, the Motorola Droid Maxx is more advanced than the RAZR Maxx HD. Although it doesn't make much sense due to the names, it's true.

The Maxx has a bigger battery giving better battery life, a bigger LCD, 1 GB RAM more, and a better camera at 10+ megapixels. You got the better of the deal, and frankly, it's a nice phone.
don't get me wrong i love this phone i am disappointed about the amount of storage (16gb)without giving us the option to add more though.I started with droidx and like motorola phones i am wondering whats next now that lenovo bought motorola from google,i read they are a chinese company and are in the top three with there smartphones.The way i see it now there are only two choices in smartphones,iphone & samsung galaxy.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
don't get me wrong i love this phone i am disappointed about the amount of storage (16gb)without giving us the option to add more though.I started with droidx and like motorola phones i am wondering whats next now that lenovo bought motorola from google,i read they are a chinese company and are in the top three with there smartphones.The way i see it now there are only two choices in smartphones,iphone & samsung galaxy.

And that is what makes phones so much like cars these days. So many models...brands...choices. It comes down to personal preference. There is no right / wrong answer. Ask 10 people what the beat car maker is and see what the results are. Samsung and iPhone are not the only choices....there are many choices that fit different tastes. Motorola will introduce a new Droid line at some point and it will be perfect for some and not the right choice for others.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry for the double post...my bad.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk