1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola i1 will not turn on

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by snowman53, Nov 30, 2011.

1. snowman53

snowman53 New Member

I was asked to fix an out of warranty Motorola i1 that will not turn on. When I plug in the charger, the notification light comes on, but that is it. No Screen, no sounds, nothing!

Any suggestions appreciated!!

Thanks
  2. xaelith

xaelith New Member

I1? Is this a pre-smartphone device, or do you mean the original droid (sometimes called a D1)? Anyway, my guess would be that the battery is probably bad. I have several phones floating around, and none of them will turn on because it's been several years since they were last plugged in
  3. snowman53

snowman53 New Member

The i1 is a Nextel/Boost version of the Droid with direct radio push to talk added.

I have swapped the battery for a fully charged one taken from my i1. Da Nada.

The only "life" I can see is the notification light that comes on when I plug in the charger.
  4. xaelith

xaelith New Member

Sorry for such a late reply. I'd say it might be something to do with the charger, except you said you have a fresh, fully-charged battery and it still won't turn on, so i'm at a loss, i'm afraid. Maybe one of the pins leading to the battery is loose or bent? If they all look the same length and make contact with the pads on the battery, try grqabing each one with a pair of tweezers and gently wiggling them one by one. They should be solid and stiff. Any looseness at all could mean the pin is bad on the inside of the phone.

The only other thing i can think of is to try pulling out the battery and plugging the phone in without the battery. if the phone itself is ok, it should boot up at least to the "M" logo, and complain about a battery problem.
Search tags for this page
boost i1 phone not turning on
doesnt turn on motorola i1
how to turn i1
how to turn on a motorola i1
how to turn on motorola i1
i1
is motorola i1 charging
morotola boost charging wont turn on
motorola boost phone i1turn on

motorola i1 does not turn on

motorola i1 wont charge