1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola Gallery closes on launch - 1 possible cause, and solution

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Natey2, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

I found a way to replicate the issue (Motorola Gallery closing on launch).

If you have pictures (already indexed/cached) in a couple of folders, then you decide you want to hide the pictures in one of those folders by creating a .nomedia file in that folder using a File Explorer, it is a matter of time (next restart?) before the Motorola Gallery will close on launch.

The cooliris 3D gallery (Gallery3DMT.apk) is a little more resistant to this. It will display corresponding "blank" pictures.

Simple fix: copy the files in that folder to some other folder that already had a .nomedia file in it.
    Then use the cooliris 3D gallery to delete the blank pictures.
    The Motorola Gallery will now work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. BMWBig6

BMWBig6 New Member

Good to know! The .nomedia/gallery closing bug already bit me once, when I tried to exclude all of my music album covers from my gallery. Big mistake! But now it looks like I can use Cooliris to do what I wanted to do all along! Thanks!
Search tags for this page

i found a cooliris folder on my razr

motorola gallery