Motorola Extended Battery for Droid 2???

Cellphish

Reaction score
My current Droid 2 battery is pretty pathetic--it runs down, even without any use, in about two days...

I've been checking out Droid 2 extended batteries, and stumbled across the
Motorola A955 BP7X model, but can find no substantial reviews of it...

Can anyone testify to its usefulness, or guide me to any reviews of it?

Thanks for any feedback!

chitala383

Reaction score
i have the bp7x and its def a good battery. im seeing probably about 4 more hours of battery life with fairly heavy usage. it only adds maybe 2mm of thickness to the phone. if you buy it from verizons website use the coupon code BAT30, you get 30% off. IMO the gorilla gadgets battery is waaaay to thick and bulky.

Reaction score
I have the BP7X and, after each full recharge, Juice Plotter has been predicting a battery life of about 46 hours (based on my usage history, which I would consider to be moderate). I can't say if that's true because I've yet to run down the battery all the way since I got the extended battery, but I do typically end the day with 60-70% battery left. Now, it should be noted that I'm running the Liberty 1.5 ROM with imoseyon's sysctl tweaks, as well as Juice Defender with Ultimate Juice.

Reaction score
I wrote this thread that describes my life with the extended battery, as well as my battery saving tweaks. You'll probably see even better battery life than I do, as my D2G eats battery a good bit faster than your D2, unless you've done some tweaking.

OP
C

Cellphish

Reaction score
Thanks, folks, for your swift responses--they give me some good pointers to follow up on...

I trust there's also an appropriate D2 holster that fits OK with the BP7X?

BTW, I had also posted this query on another cell phone forum...over a hundred views, but no responses after a week and a half!

But THIS forum rocks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Running the D2 extended battery in my D1 with the shell/holster combo. EASILY 3-4 more hours of battery life out of it! :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Reaction score
I trust there's also an appropriate D2 holster that fits OK with the BP7X?

Can't speak for holsters myself, but the Droid 2 with the BP7X should be able to fit into most cases as long as you leave out the battery cover.

(Hint: Verizon bundles the extended battery cover with the extended battery, but of course they also charge you more for it. You can get just the battery a lot cheaper on eBay.)

Uncle700

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the extended battery in the car dock?

Another post said that the extended battery added the thickness of a quarter to it. I taped 2 quarters to the back of my D2G and it seemed to fit OK. Just wondering if someone has actually tested it.

Thanks.

Got my bp7x battery yesterday and it does fit in the D2G car mount and also in the home cradle. Also fits in the belt pouch.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cellphish

Reaction score
Mingaldrichgan, et al -

I'd hope to find a holster for the D2 that would accommodate
an extended battery with the cover on....

Guinnessfreak

Reaction score
Mingaldrichgan, et al -

I'd hope to find a holster for the D2 that would accommodate
an extended battery with the cover on....

Good luck, and do post a report/review here if you're successful in finding one!

I have been searching the net for months looking for a case that will fit. Verizon/Motorola are no help so dont waste your time. Seems really stupid to not have a case to fit w/ extended battery. The extended battery makes all the difference in the world so its worth the trade off. If anyone finds one PLEASE post where you found it.

Reaction score
Guinessfreak, I've said this before in this thread but I'll say it again: the Droid 2 with the BP7X extended battery DOES fit into most cases available for the Droid 2. You just have to leave out the battery cover, but it's a snug enough fit that you won't have to worry about it being dislodged. I'm using an Otterbox Commuter Case, myself, for my Droid R2-D2 with the BP7X.

Gianotti

Reaction score
i just got A DROID 2 with the body glove case, will the extened battery fit in it with the case on?