Motorola Droids not in the top 5,whats up

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The September issue of Consumer Reports has a different list with the iPhone 4 not recommended due to the antenna issue.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I read that same article. They rated it highest but couldn't recommend it. The droid rated as highest verizon phone (they said droid x was too new to put it in their list). I didn't look at any other list really, lol.
Verizon rated best but was pricier. Tmobile rated second best but was slightly cheaper.

Tapatalk on original Moto Droid, UltimateDroid'd

Nausicaa

Reaction score
I never understood the hate so many people had for windows mobile smartphones. I was able to run any pda app I could find that fit my screen.
They felt awful. I had 6.5, 'upgraded' from Blackberry OS.
It was very haphazard, and everything felt half assed. I had to do around 7 button presses to get to send a text message. That is pretty horrible to me. Everything should have been simple, but it was not. I could not reorder the start menu easily, and I wasn't able to do things efficiently. That is why I hated it. Touchscreen ones might have been better though.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^No, touchscreens were worse in the beginning. I didnt stick around to find out if Win Mo touchscreens got better. IMO they waited too late to go to capacitive screens.

And what u posted is what makes me laugh when I here ppl say Android is complicated. Compared to Win Mo, its way easier. Settings in menus are easier to get to, u dont have to go thru many menus to get to the display settings, etc.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
It didn't seem complicated to me. I had a "task manager" in the top right, I could access most everything from the start menu, sure my phones had styluses (palm treo 700wx and htc mogul) but that was fine, it made navigating websites more precise. Sure I couldn't "hack" it as easily as my droid but I didn't need to. My treo was pretty cool, similar to a blackberry but it had a touchscreen and a stylus. My htc was awesome compared to my treo, gps receiver (I could've flashed the sprint rom to unlick it completely, but vznavigator finally came out for it), I loved the slideout keyboard (better than my droids), it had a scroll wheel (great for navigating when I didn't feel like using the touchscreen), and because it was a touchscreen windows mobile, I could go to ppcgeeks.com and download any .cab program/app I wanted. The only thing I didn't like was the dialer app. It was smoother on my treo, on the htc it "lagged" when I pushed a button, and it synced with windows easily (backups,etc).

I'm not going to hate on it. If I got a winmo phone next, that's fine. I just love my droid now, too.

Tapatalk on original Moto Droid, UltimateDroid'd