Motorola Droids not in the top 5,whats up

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by roach, Oct 1, 2010.

1. roach

roach Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I still can't believe the droid by motorola isn't even in the top five,do they have a grudge against moto or aren't they taking this phone serious.
    I could only speak for myself because this is the only smart phone that I have owned.Here is the top five by Cnet.

Apple iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon Wireless) HYPERLINK "/droid-incredible-review"
    HTC Evo 4G (Sprint)
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700 (T-Mobile)
    Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint)

Best 5 cell phones - CNET Reviews

2. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    The Motorola Droid wouldn't make the list, as it is no longer being produced.

As for the Droid 2 and Droid X; they are probably a bit too new to make the list.

3. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Best 5 NEW phones. If you look at the phones themselves they have all been released within the past 3 to 4 months.

The Motorola Droid, A.K.A. King Droid, is still arguably the cream of the crop in the "Droid" dev community with the Nexus One being the choice dev. phone and then closely followed by the Droid Inc and EVO 4G.

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Kent Germen? Who the heck is Kent Germen?

You know critics, they are wrong many times. This is one persons opinion, and he's entitled to it no matter how wrong he may be.

5. chaz.ring

chaz.ring Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't put the DINC up that far on the list....although I would also not put the MOTO anything high up on the list either.... I have a long lasting hate relationship with motorola.... <--------- that opinion is worth what you paid for it..."free" so no hate mail...:p

6. everstar80

everstar80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, the droid x and droid 2 haven't been out nearly as long as those others. Im sure the iphone won't be number one come next year. Mwhahahahahaha.

7. djrakun

djrakun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At stock, the droid's cpu speed isn't very competitive at 600mhz. Assuming most consumers will not be modifying their devices this probably keeps the original droid off any top 5 list. Also, I used to consider the extra weight a nice feature because it felt good in my hand and sturdier than the plastic htcs, but after ten months of extensive use I'm convinced that it has brought on some pretty advance d repetitive stress injury.

Don't get me wrong; I'm with you that the droid is an underrated phone, but if I wasn't rooted, overclocked, and themed (thanks community!) I would be looking a lot harder at the upcoming phones for an upgrade

8. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Already I can see two phones that are garbage on that list. The Incredible, iPhone and Epic deserve to be on that list though. Its probably pulled for the same reason the Nexus One is gone.

9. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes but 99% of the millions of Droid users are not in the dev community or know anything about it.

The Droid X should probably be up there though.

10. roach

roach Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok I can see where you are coming from on that side,I have not been around smartphones to judge them that long,maybe it's the name motorola that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    But I think I am going to stay with them for the ride and see where it takes me.

11. roadrunr

roadrunr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Payola

works everytimedancedroid

12. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Droid is the first Android smartphone Motorola produced. The previous "awesome" phones were the RAZR and KRZR lines, which while pretty cool phones, weren't "smart" phones.

I had a RAZR, and while I thought it worked pretty good, was slow. It "hesitated" after every button press.

#12 Bilgediver, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010