Motorola Droids not in the top 5,whats up

roach

Reaction score

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Motorola Droid wouldn't make the list, as it is no longer being produced.

As for the Droid 2 and Droid X; they are probably a bit too new to make the list.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Best 5 NEW phones. If you look at the phones themselves they have all been released within the past 3 to 4 months.

The Motorola Droid, A.K.A. King Droid, is still arguably the cream of the crop in the "Droid" dev community with the Nexus One being the choice dev. phone and then closely followed by the Droid Inc and EVO 4G.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kent Germen? Who the heck is Kent Germen?

You know critics, they are wrong many times. This is one persons opinion, and he's entitled to it no matter how wrong he may be.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I wouldn't put the DINC up that far on the list....although I would also not put the MOTO anything high up on the list either.... I have a long lasting hate relationship with motorola.... <--------- that opinion is worth what you paid for it..."free" so no hate mail...:p

everstar80

Reaction score
The Motorola Droid wouldn't make the list, as it is no longer being produced.

As for the Droid 2 and Droid X; they are probably a bit too new to make the list.

You're right, the droid x and droid 2 haven't been out nearly as long as those others. Im sure the iphone won't be number one come next year. Mwhahahahahaha.

djrakun

Reaction score
At stock, the droid's cpu speed isn't very competitive at 600mhz. Assuming most consumers will not be modifying their devices this probably keeps the original droid off any top 5 list. Also, I used to consider the extra weight a nice feature because it felt good in my hand and sturdier than the plastic htcs, but after ten months of extensive use I'm convinced that it has brought on some pretty advance d repetitive stress injury.

Don't get me wrong; I'm with you that the droid is an underrated phone, but if I wasn't rooted, overclocked, and themed (thanks community!) I would be looking a lot harder at the upcoming phones for an upgrade

Detonation

Reaction score
The Motorola Droid, A.K.A. King Droid, is still arguably the cream of the crop in the "Droid" dev community with the Nexus One being the choice dev. phone and then closely followed by the Droid Inc and EVO 4G.

Yes but 99% of the millions of Droid users are not in the dev community or know anything about it.

The Droid X should probably be up there though.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
I wouldn't put the DINC up that far on the list....although I would also not put the MOTO anything high up on the list either.... I have a long lasting hate relationship with motorola.... <--------- that opinion is worth what you paid for it..."free" so no hate mail...:p

Ok I can see where you are coming from on that side,I have not been around smartphones to judge them that long,maybe it's the name motorola that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
But I think I am going to stay with them for the ride and see where it takes me.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Droid is the first Android smartphone Motorola produced. The previous "awesome" phones were the RAZR and KRZR lines, which while pretty cool phones, weren't "smart" phones.

I had a RAZR, and while I thought it worked pretty good, was slow. It "hesitated" after every button press.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola owns symbol. I use a symbol mc70 at work and have for 3 years.

Definitely not motos first dog and pony show.

-Droid Does

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Cnet has always been a macfanboy/girl site for the longest. I believe they bias their reviews if iphones/pods slightly higher than they should be, while nitpicking down reviews of competing products so it seems that apple products rate higher.

Tapatalk on original Moto Droid, UltimateDroid'd

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I never understood the hate so many people had for windows mobile smartphones. I was able to run any pda app I could find that fit my screen.
I had two smartphones before my droid:
Palm treo 700wx and htc mogul (verizon vx6800)

I used to troll pocketpc websites for freeware a lot, and if you could download a compatible .cab file, you could run it. I loved my treo and when I later upgraded to the vx6800, I really loved that, too. My favorite feature was a hardkey scroll wheel on the side perfect for a thumb, so I could fast navigate websites, spreadhseets, etc...

Tapatalk on original Moto Droid, UltimateDroid'd