motorola droid XT907 on Straight Talk network

Blufx

Reaction score
Hello, first post here.
A friend gave me a Verizon Motorola Droid Razr M model XT907. I'm on the Straight Talk network and they started a bring your own phone. After a little research I found this phone could be used if the GSM block was lifted. I successfully did this using the instructions found HERE. It worked perfectly until two days ago. I clicked on update system, when it finished, I lost connection. It had installed Jellybean v4.1.2. I tried using the RadioComm program to unlock the GSM again, but it doesn't work now. I need to go back to ICS at any cost. I'm without a phone now.
EDIT: this phone is not rooted
Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Blufx

Last edited:

Scimino

Reaction score
If I were you I would first unlock the boot loader. U can find the program under the RAZR m section of this forum. I believe it is under a sticky tab. Sorry I can't post links for some reason. Then I would find a fxz file for ICS. I don't see why it wouldn't work. U just need a unlocked bootloader to go back to ICS. Then repeat the process you did before. Good luck I hope u figure it out.
You might need to use a ICS ROM if u can't use rsdlite to fxz back to ICS.
Edit* yeah u need to change the firmware back to ICS. Which definatly requires a unlocked bootloader

Last edited:
OP
Blufx

Blufx

Reaction score
Then I would find a fxz file for ICS.

Thanks for that info. I work on computers a lot, but this stuff in new to me. Where would I find the fxz file for ICS?

Scimino

Reaction score
I could be a lot more helpful if I could post links.... I googled "RAZR m ICS sbf" and it gave me a link to droidrazr.com where I found 4.0.4 files. 4.0.4 is ics. You will need to make a account before you can download. Did you find the boot loader unlock tool?

Scimino

Reaction score
Also I am trying to figure out if you should use rsd lite or just a custom recovery to flash ICS. I'm leaning more toward a custom recovery. To install a custom recovery is simple and I think the instructions are in the same sticky that has the boot loader unlock guide.
Just make sure you unlock the bootloader or you WILL turn your phone into a paper weight.

OP
Blufx

Blufx

Reaction score
Scimino,
I think I found the tool under razr hacks. Motochopper exploit. If I'm reading this right, I have to be rooted to finish. Looks like I'm in for a learning curve. I'll look up droidrazr.com and check that. Right now I'm getting the Motochopper.

OP
Blufx

Blufx

Reaction score
Well, now I'm worrying. Just looked at the possible consequences of unlocking the boot loader on droidrazr.com. Are these issues not common or what?:
Applications may not work anymore.
You may lose encryption support.
You may lose some key functions like telephone, radio, and audio playback.
You could cause permanent/physical damage to your device.

OP
Blufx

Blufx

Reaction score
Do you recommend me using the droidrazr.com online boot loader unlocker, or the motochopper?

Scimino

Reaction score
I would use the unlock tool thats in KaChow's guide here on droidforums. Just goto forums, select RAZR, RAZR m, then RAZR m development. You can't miss it. When u get past unlocking the boot loader I wouldn't use safe strap for custom recovery. Use CWM or TWRP Motochopper only roots the phone.