Motorola Droid X makes debut on VerizonWireless.com

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
I called the Vz 800 number and they're not taking pre-orders yet for the DX, in fact she was pulling a Sgt Shultz - "I know nothing"...

Awesome reference. Watched the entire series at least twice haha! mmmm apple strudel sounds good right now

Twoo

Reaction score
At first, I was kind of hung up on the fact that it doesn't have a front facing camera too. After really thinking about it, the only person I would possibly want to video chat with from my phone is my wife, parents, or sister. None of them will have a phone that is capable of using that anytime soon (ie NEVER), so I decided it just isn't that important to me. Now if I had a bunch of friends and family who were tech geeks like me, I would definitely wait for a Verizon phone that includes the front facing camera.

Wont it be possible to video chat from phone to pc?

I would hope so, but I'm really not sure. That would still be something that is probably over my parent's heads though! Does anyone know if the iPhone 4's video call app or the Evo's allow phone to pc (or mac)?

The Iphone video call is iphone to iphone only. I wouldn't be surprised if the X can only video chat with other Android software running phones because of the video encoding. It's highly unlikely you'll be able to chat from phone to computer over video.