Motorola Droid X makes debut on VerizonWireless.com

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone looks awesome. However, I'm still happy with my 7 month old droid. The earliest I would switch, would be for the Droid Pro/2ghz beast, and more likely, I'll probably wait for the the first 4G/LTE droid.

But that's just me.

At the risk of AOLishness, me too.

Really hope that the Droid Pro would be LTE capable, but I haven't been hearing one way or the other. I gather the device is still sort of vaporware anyway. But I'll be able to run a Froyo-based CyanogenMod on my droid fairly soon, I can easily use it for the next 6-9 months until the device I'm looking for is available.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This phone looks awesome. However, I'm still happy with my 7 month old droid. The earliest I would switch, would be for the Droid Pro/2ghz beast, and more likely, I'll probably wait for the the first 4G/LTE droid.

But that's just me.

Really hope that the Droid Pro would be LTE capable, but I haven't been hearing one way or the other. I gather the device is still sort of vaporware anyway. But I'll be able to run a Froyo-based CyanogenMod on my droid fairly soon, I can easily use it for the next 6-9 months until the device I'm looking for is available.

I don't see the big thing with wanting it 4g/LTE is, seeing as verizon will not be rolling out 3g for phones until what late 2011? I know most will say well it will be there when they roll it out, but the vast majority if not most of us will have bought at least another phone by the time that 4g/LTE get rolled out in our areas.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

But that's just me.

I don't see the big thing with wanting it 4g/LTE is, seeing as verizon will not be rolling out 3g for phones until what late 2011? I know most will say well it will be there when they roll it out, but the vast majority if not most of us will have bought at least another phone by the time that 4g/LTE get rolled out in our areas.

"Verizon Wireless expects to commercially launch its LTE 4G network in up to 30 markets in 2010, covering 100 million people" (source, news.vzw.com)

danh63

Reaction score
so is the x coming the 26th? Physically is it going to be bigger right? I'm starting to think I should just get the moto droid instead if the inc

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
Also ready to preorder.

I tried switching my order from the dinc to the X yesterday and it was not available. This will be my first smartphone, so I don't mind waiting, I just need to do it within the 30 day window (now 60 day). I would hate to have the dinc ship to my house and then return it when it could ship to someone else who's been waiting a long time too. Does not make sense...

I would just cancel the Incredible order all together. Then preorder the X when it's available.
Is Verizon taking pre-orders for the DroidX now?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Zero chance.

Now how can we get around that? I used mine in November...

Well I have always (Alway being 2 times) to just extend my contract 2 years and get an upgrade, regardless of how long I had left till I officially ended my 1st contract.

They allowed you to just extend your contract by two more years and gave you the upgrade price? I was about one month from my upgrade date when the Droid was released and I had to beg and plead to upgrade early. I was turned down by Verizon at two different stores and eventually called the 800 number where they let me do it.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Now how can we get around that? I used mine in November...

Well I have always (Alway being 2 times) to just extend my contract 2 years and get an upgrade, regardless of how long I had left till I officially ended my 1st contract.

They allowed you to just extend your contract by two more years and gave you the upgrade price? I was about one month from my upgrade date when the Droid was released and I had to beg and plead to upgrade early. I was turned down by Verizon at two different stores and eventually called the 800 number where they let me do it.

Well I wouldn't ask them for an early upgrade when I asked them, I would phrase it like, "I was talking to VZW on the phone and they informed me I could get one of these new phones if I extended my contract for 2 years instead of waiting, is this true?" and they always said sure is..

But I'm sure if I had said, "They told me it was impossible, and I had to wait till my current contract expired" they would have said that was right too..

But VZW wil take your money as soon as they can, hell, for all they know, you may not be alive in 2 years..

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
Vz Rep quoting Sgt Shultz on Droid X

I called the Vz 800 number and they're not taking pre-orders yet for the DX, in fact she was pulling a Sgt Shultz - "I know nothing"...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Well I wouldn't ask them for an early upgrade when I asked them, I would phrase it like, "I was talking to VZW on the phone and they informed me I could get one of these new phones if I extended my contract for 2 years instead of waiting, is this true?" and they always said sure is..

But I'm sure if I had said, "They told me it was impossible, and I had to wait till my current contract expired" they would have said that was right too..

But VZW wil take your money as soon as they can, hell, for all they know, you may not be alive in 2 years..

Haha, this is true. Well I may just have to give that angle a try. Can someone erase the Droid Pro rumors from my brain so that I don't hesitate to get this phone?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hmmm I going to have to try this....

If u think about it, Verizon would have the advantage if ppl do this:

In my case, I got the Droid in Apr this year. I would be locked into a new 2 year contract starting in July; the ETF gets reset to $350....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If Im not mistaken, I think you can only do it once per current contract, meaning, you cant piggy back contracts, extending it to like 20 years you are committed to VZW lol

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Im not mistaken, I think you can only do it once per current contract, meaning, you cant piggy back contracts, extending it to like 20 years you are committed to VZW lol

When I tried to get a Droid in December I was a year into my two year contract. Two VZW stores would absolutely not extend my contract or sell me the phone at anything but full price.