Motorola Droid X - Available July 15th

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I think they would

what about the early upgrade after 1 year?

This is my question as well - the broader question being whether those who got a Droid at launch last November will be allowed to upgrade to this phone at launch. The email I got from Verizon said that I could get the Droid X on July 15 for $199, so I'm thinking the plan is to allow this. However, if you read the press release, it says the early upgrade is only for people who's contracts expire before the end of the year. Interestingly, most of those people would already be eligible for an upgrade on July 15 anyway.

Oh if u got the email from them, u should be straight.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
you guys think they would let me off and get a 2 year upgrade on the droid x? Lol... my upgrade is 1/04/11 !!!! Four days after 2010... my damn bad luck.. they better let me get the upgrade.. I ordered 3 phones from them for full retail so they should let me off with the 4 days off of new years. :( Two droids and blackberry tour.

I think they would, its only a few days off...mine is like 4 months off...LOL

soulpatch

Reaction score
^I think they would

what about the early upgrade after 1 year?

This is my question as well - the broader question being whether those who got a Droid at launch last November will be allowed to upgrade to this phone at launch. The email I got from Verizon said that I could get the Droid X on July 15 for $199, so I'm thinking the plan is to allow this. However, if you read the press release, it says the early upgrade is only for people who's contracts expire before the end of the year. Interestingly, most of those people would already be eligible for an upgrade on July 15 anyway.

I would assume he got the same email as I did which is just the generic email noting the release of the phone if you signed up for release information from VZW. It notes the 199 price in there but does say if you are eligible for upgrade....

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So I will be one year into a two year contract on December 29th. At that time I would be due for an early upgrade. So does this mean I could do my early upgrade early???

climberzack

Reaction score
Im so pissed I got my Droid 2 weeks ago and now apple comes out with a phone that video chats. Can someone please comment and tell me reasons why I should be happy with my phone. Thanks

soulpatch

Reaction score
Im so pissed I got my Droid 2 weeks ago and now apple comes out with a phone that video chats. Can someone please comment and tell me reasons why I should be happy with my phone. Thanks

You have 30 days to take it back to take it back and swap for the Droid X.

As for video chat. Do you really forsee yourself using it? Is it worth the Apple world to have that? Are you ok with going to Sprint for the Evo should you need it?

slowr6

Reaction score

Lots of reasons. At&t sucks, you can only video chat with other iphone 4's, can only do it over wifi...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I will be one year into a two year contract on December 29th. At that time I would be due for an early upgrade. So does this mean I could do my early upgrade early???

This is the question that right now, alot of people are wondering. It will be answered in due time. I'm sure you could ask the stores but they might not give you the right answers right this second. I'm sure at least by the end of this weekend there should be clarification on what "upgrade" means. Since july 15th isn't far away.

Hudson922

Reaction score
Bloody heck I got my Droid just over a month ago and literally just finished installing FroYo. Oh well I knew this would happen just gonna have to be happy w/ what I have.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Generalg

Reaction score
^I think they would

I would assume he got the same email as I did which is just the generic email noting the release of the phone if you signed up for release information from VZW. It notes the 199 price in there but does say if you are eligible for upgrade....

As did I... and I'm sure many other people.... I sure hope we can use this against them to get a phone at the upgrade price... If only the wording was a bit different than I would say it is a for sure thing we could get it at the upgrade pricing... but hard to say if the email printed off and brought to a verizon store will suffice to get the discount. Either way I will be buying one on July 15th, full retail or not. :D I sure miss my droid, only been without it for a week now. lol

Generalg

Reaction score
Hold on a sec.... just got a 2nd email from Verizon... In this email it states "You can get yours 7/15/10 for only $199.99"

I'm printing it off, waiting in line on July 15th to get my X! :icon_ banana:

madsquabbles

Reaction score
lucky me, i live in a dead zone. i have 15 months left but they said i can cancel with no etf and if i decide to come back after testing other providers i'll get no hassle.

Generalg

Reaction score
Anyone else get 2 different emails from Verizon about the X like I did?

TK4261

Reaction score
I was able to sell my Droid incredible on ebay for $600...so now I'm just waiting for the droid X and using my POS ENVY 2...lol....

Since the shipping date on verizon for the incredible is 07/21 it seems alot of people will pay good money on ebay for them...Just a thought :)