Motorola Droid X - Available July 15th

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Jun 23, 2010.

1. stealthgriffin

stealthgriffin New Member

lol I think my wife would kill me if I used another upgrade this year. Besides, I'm pretty attached to my rooted droid.
  2. VitsDroid

VitsDroid New Member

isn that like $51.20 per gig thats pretty steep considering its only 0.009766 cents per megabyte.
  3. johnny9374

johnny9374 New Member

im due for an upgrade on my second line in august and they are allowing early upgrades im all over this this dancedroid
  4. stealthgriffin

Also, 24gb of total memory at launch?
  5. jason6g

jason6g New Member

yes

droid X is an awesome phone - im not a fan of the motoblur on it - even though it is ALOT better than the devour & cliq - but then again on my phone i have a clock, power control, and calendar - nothing more, everything else i access from the app drawer. not a deal breaker and i definitely see value in the overlay/widgets

i for one will be holding out for the "third" droid of 2010 - with the 2ghz processor and *hopefully* lte support
  6. VitsDroid

VitsDroid New Member

I have a line eligible and very tempted but I think I'll hold out till the holidays, and my wife might send me a divorce decree if I did. I gotta admit she has been really patient with me and my mDroid.
  7. seldon

seldon New Member

This is my question as well - the broader question being whether those who got a Droid at launch last November will be allowed to upgrade to this phone at launch. The email I got from Verizon said that I could get the Droid X on July 15 for $199, so I'm thinking the plan is to allow this. However, if you read the press release, it says the early upgrade is only for people who's contracts expire before the end of the year. Interestingly, most of those people would already be eligible for an upgrade on July 15 anyway.
  8. stealthgriffin

My wife was pissed at me and my Droid. Until I bought her one. Now its one of her "can't live without" items lol
  9. sirthanh

sirthanh New Member

you guys think they would let me off and get a 2 year upgrade on the droid x? Lol... my upgrade is 1/04/11 !!!! Four days after 2010... my damn bad luck.. they better let me get the upgrade.. I ordered 3 phones from them for full retail so they should let me off with the 4 days off of new years. :( Two droids and blackberry tour.
  10. rwdfan

rwdfan Member

I just noticed an interesting tidbit. The Droid X boasts image stabilization. Is this REAL image stabilization?

Could we be getting a camera that is worthy of taking real pics?

If so, here's to hoping I can get one... dancedroid
  11. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^I think they would

Oh if u got the email from them, u should be straight.
  12. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I think they would, its only a few days off...mine is like 4 months off...LOL
  13. soulpatch

soulpatch Active Member

I would assume he got the same email as I did which is just the generic email noting the release of the phone if you signed up for release information from VZW. It notes the 199 price in there but does say if you are eligible for upgrade....
  14. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

So I will be one year into a two year contract on December 29th. At that time I would be due for an early upgrade. So does this mean I could do my early upgrade early???
  15. climberzack

climberzack New Member

Im so pissed I got my Droid 2 weeks ago and now apple comes out with a phone that video chats. Can someone please comment and tell me reasons why I should be happy with my phone. Thanks
  16. soulpatch

soulpatch Active Member

You have 30 days to take it back to take it back and swap for the Droid X.

As for video chat. Do you really forsee yourself using it? Is it worth the Apple world to have that? Are you ok with going to Sprint for the Evo should you need it?
  17. slowr6

slowr6 New Member

Lots of reasons. At&t sucks, you can only video chat with other iphone 4's, can only do it over wifi...
  18. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

This is the question that right now, alot of people are wondering. It will be answered in due time. I'm sure you could ask the stores but they might not give you the right answers right this second. I'm sure at least by the end of this weekend there should be clarification on what "upgrade" means. Since july 15th isn't far away.
  19. Hudson922

Hudson922 New Member

Bloody heck I got my Droid just over a month ago and literally just finished installing FroYo. Oh well I knew this would happen just gonna have to be happy w/ what I have.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  20. Generalg

Generalg New Member

As did I... and I'm sure many other people.... I sure hope we can use this against them to get a phone at the upgrade price... If only the wording was a bit different than I would say it is a for sure thing we could get it at the upgrade pricing... but hard to say if the email printed off and brought to a verizon store will suffice to get the discount. Either way I will be buying one on July 15th, full retail or not. :D I sure miss my droid, only been without it for a week now. lol