Motorola Droid Update Continues Through Sept 4

badog

Reaction score
No, I'm talking about the other rooted ROM's that are out there. The OTA frg22d and the leaked google version are the same and have the same issues.

Snoking

Reaction score
No, I'm talking about the other rooted ROM's that are out there. The OTA frg22d and the leaked google version are the same and have the same issues.

So are people reporting this issue with exchange severs to VZW?

Chris

badog

Reaction score
I'll be calling today or tomorrow. I've been waiting until phones started officially receiving the ota update.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
It also runs better than the patch version.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rustyb

Reaction score
Hi, I just received the update FRG22D, at 11:30 am p.s.t. SF. I was testing it on my UK car magazine subs and it works great, better in fact. They are NOT YouTube videos. EVO was a little lagy, now terrific. In fact everything is a little faster. Off topic ; is anyone in the market for a good solar charger for our droids? I bookmarked one just for droids and was wondering how it did. Thanx,Rusty :icon_cool:

dwoid

Reaction score
When you get a chance, can you let us know what those improvements are? It might be helpful to others who are looking for the same improvements.

Thanks!

donerico

Reaction score
The 22D update just turned on security settings that should have been there all along really. You are right about it being for the work email. It caught me by surprise and I am a PC tech with some exchange experience. I went to the connect the dots pattern rather than the PIN, just seems a bit easier to me. Only the Exchange admin at your work can undo it to the best of my knowledge and I doubt any of them will do it.

I got the update this morning. Now it forces me to put in a PIN every time I want to use the phone. I assume this is due to the fact that I receive my work e-mail on the Droid. I get why we should use the PIN but I hate it. Is there any way to bypass it? I've tried & even called Verizon. The reps I spoke with seemed to have never heard of this. My previous AT&T phone had it too and it was even more cumbersome than the one on the Droid.
What I don't understand is why it requires the pin to do ANYTHING on the phone. Shouldn't it require it only when I access my email? This has rendered my phone pretty useless, I don't want to enter this pin 1000 times a day!
I ended up removing my exchange email and calendar sync. I tried the Touchdown solution but it does not sync with the stock calendar (which is used by the LP widget and other calendar/agenda widgets)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worth mentioning, the FULL release of the FRG22D OTA (not the patch release) has been captured from an actual Verizon push and is being discussed here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ta-patch-here-download-now-45.html#post798640

That's what I did, although Flash still doesn't show up in the Market for some reason. The version I have is

Baseband version: C_01.43.01P

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g874c292
andriod-build@apa26 #1

Build number: FRG22D

Clearing the cache in the Market didn't help. While I do have a version that I installed manually, AppBrain is telling me there's an update, but it can't find it either.

rustyb

Reaction score
FRG22D; So far everything is faster. Some of my buds at work didn't even have the flashplayer update yet. We are hotel workers & The Moscone center (Oracle, Java, Apple,Cisco, etc.) We get the first glimpse. I Don't lock my phone (nothing to hide) so no pin issues. No battery pulls or lockup issues. Will keep updated. SOLAR CHARGER NEWS? (maybe my new business ;) )

donerico

Reaction score
FRG22D; So far everything is faster. Some of my buds at work didn't even have the flashplayer update yet. We are hotel workers & The Moscone center (Oracle, Java, Apple,Cisco, etc.) We get the first glimpse. I Don't lock my phone (nothing to hide) so no pin issues. No battery pulls or lockup issues. Will keep updated. SOLAR CHARGER NEWS? (maybe my new business ;) )
It has nothing to do with locking your phone, if you have exchange mail it locks the phone for you. I have never used lock screens and that is why this upsets me so much, there is no way around it. It is a major flaw of FRG22D, there are other implementations of exchange security (like Touchdown) that do not require that your whole phone be locked.