Motorola Droid Turbo Reviews Thread

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-Droid-Turbo-leaked-manual.png

The first reviews for the Motorola Droid Turbo have started trickling in... We only have two so far, but more are certainly coming soon from various web outlets. Obviously we would also love to hear from our members what they think of the new Droid Turbo, so feel free to start a post and share your own personal review of the device.

This thread will be dedicated to the reviews from media outlets across the web. Let's start it off with one from Phone Arena and one from PC Mag. Here they are below:

Motorola DROID Turbo Review

Droid Turbo by Motorola Verizon Wireless Review Rating PCMag.com

When/if you find another review from any web-site, feel free to add a comment with a link to this thread so we have a one-stop spot for all of our Droid Turbo reviews!

tommyz

Reaction score
It's really too bad they went with the hardware buttons rather than on-screen. I may have gone with this device if it had the more modern on-screen buttons. Too bad, other than that flaw it looks like a nice phone.

jakenader123

Reaction score
Maybe u can disable the hardware buttons and use onscreen buttons, like on the one plus one. Or u have to root it for that.

tommyz

Reaction score
Maybe u can disable the hardware buttons and use onscreen buttons, like on the one plus one. Or u have to root it for that.

They end up just wasting space... I currently have the 2013 Moto X which is still running really well, I may just wait until the next set of phones.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just came from the Verizon store, which was virtually empty, except for the sales people constantly asking me if I needed help, which I replied "no thank you", if I needed your help I would ASK FOR IT. From all the phones in there including the toy looking iPhone, the Droid Turbo was the best device by a small margin over the Note 4. I liked the textured back of the 64 gig model "felt nice in the hand, except of course for those anti theft magnets and cables they attach to every phone", also the size was just right at 5.2", the only drawback was no expandable storage and no removable battery which the Note 4 has the upper hand in this department, for my money I would go for the Note 4. But none of the devices are earth shattering, and not worth it for me to buy at full price, since my S4 does everything just fine, My question is what phone are you upgrading from, and is it worth it for the minimal performance gains that it would offer you from your current device.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, I'm coming from a Droid MAXX and recently it's been eating the battery up and getting hot. Today it was about 40% used in 2 hours or so. Time to move on. I'm getting the Turbo. Was supposed to be delivered on Monday, but now I'm finding out it may not arrive till Tuesday (bummer). We'll see. And yes, I did go for the 64 GB Ballistic Nylon. For me, it's all about performance and battery power. I am not really upset about not being able to use voice and data at once until the VoLTE upgrade comes. For those times I do need data while on a call, I'll just end the call and call back. By the way, Voice and data simultaneously works on WIFI, for anyone who wasn't sure.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm coming from a Droid MAXX and recently it's been eating the battery up and getting hot. Today it was about 40% used in 2 hours or so. Time to move on. I'm getting the Turbo. Was supposed to be delivered on Monday, but now I'm finding out it may not arrive till Tuesday (bummer). We'll see. And yes, I did go for the 64 GB Ballistic Nylon. For me, it's all about performance and battery power. I am not really upset about not being able to use voice and data at once until the VoLTE upgrade comes. For those times I do need data while on a call, I'll just end the call and call back. By the way, Voice and data simultaneously works on WIFI, for anyone who wasn't sure.
So you are buying another phone with a battery that is not removable, didn't you learn your lesson with the Droid Maxx.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Regarding non-removable batteries: I can't speak for the Droid Maxx, but up until this past Thursday I've been using my Moto Razr Maxx HD for 23 months, with outstanding battery life. I have full confidence that it will be the same with my new Turbo 64G Ballistic Nylon phone.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid Turbo with the ballistic nylon back is one nice looking phone, the only thing that worries me is the non removable battery.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So you are buying another phone with a battery that is not removable, didn't you learn your lesson with the Droid Maxx.
Haha, no, it's not a battery issue. It's something with the os going rogue. It's eating up the battery and getting hot. Android system is the top spot.

8ddf11ada87787999472f09afc55291d.jpg
dd699373f9bdee94cc9c375649009e0e.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Droid Turbo with the ballistic nylon back is one nice looking phone, the only thing that worries me is the non removable battery.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. Again, my phone is going off the deep end. I am happy it's cold out, because it's my personal pocket warmer, however it's dead by mid-afternoon. I wasn't about to do a FDR and start all over without moving to the newest and greatest. So I'll kill two birds with one stone, a new OS and a new phone.

jbyronh

Reaction score

The first reviews for the Motorola Droid Turbo have started trickling in... We only have two so far, but more are certainly coming soon from various web outlets. Obviously we would also love to hear from our members what they think of the new Droid Turbo, so feel free to start a post and share your own personal review of the device.

This thread will be dedicated to the reviews from media outlets across the web. Let's start it off with one from Phone Arena and one from PC Mag. Here they are below:

When/if you find another review from any web-site, feel free to add a comment with a link to this thread so we have a one-stop spot for all of our Droid Turbo reviews!

I had returned my first Droid Turbo because the BACK, HOME, and RECENT buttons seemed to stop working occasionally. My replacement did the same thing. I discovered that because the Red version of the phone has a slick metal back, I was gripping the phone harder to be sure I didn't drop it. As a result, the lower right corner of the phone was compressed into the base of my thumb so much that my skin was touching the screen occasionally which made the capacitive buttons stop working. Operator error.

Attachments

• SkinOnScreen.jpg
    SkinOnScreen.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I had returned my first Droid Turbo because the BACK, HOME, and RECENT buttons seemed to stop working occasionally. My replacement did the same thing. I discovered that because the Red version of the phone has a slick metal back, I was gripping the phone harder to be sure I didn't drop it. As a result, the lower right corner of the phone was compressed into my thumb so much that my skin was touching the screen occasionally which made the capacitive buttons stop working. Operator error.

Very interesting. So the case design makes it more slippery so to compensate your finger was wrapping around the front and fooling the digitizer. Have to keep that one in mind for the future. Others may experience the same symptoms. Thanks for the heads up.