Motorola Droid Turbo On Sale October 30th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-droid-landing-page-pre-info.png

The Motorola Droid Turbo was officially unveiled. They shared that the device will be available starting October 30th during the press event. Verizon has backed this up now. They just updated their Droid Landing page to show the launch date and give folks a way to sign up for notifications. It doesn't look like they will be doing a preorder, but the phone is launching in two days so that makes some sense.

Verizon also shared that the phone will be available on the EDGE program for $0 down and $24.99 per month for 24 months. Alternatively, you can buy the device outright for $599.99. Check out the link below for more details.

Source: Droid Turbo - Verizon Wireless

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Man, I thought I was excited about this phone before. But after watching the videos and read the description, I am blown away! This phone is going to set a new standard and a new bar of performance level that all the other manufacturers are going to be striving to be. I love all the new features this phone has, not the least of which is the new minute cast for weather forecasting. How cool is that?

0ce67752e55e00fd1aa6f21a420c5a0d.jpg
ecc88b371c529cc06588b2713b108360.jpg

And I have high hopes for this new camera and intelligent imaging software combination. If this works well, it will be the first time Motorola has really put out a class camera that competes with other cameras in current model phones on the same level.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I'm sold on this phone. I'm currently own a g3. While it's a good phone I've always loved Motorola. And they've gone beyond with specs on the turbo. Giving my wife the g3 and opening up another line to get the turbo.

Does Verizon still let you open up another line deactivate it the line and put the new phone on my existing line?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm sold on this phone. I'm currently own a g3. While it's a good phone I've always loved Motorola. And they've gone beyond with specs on the turbo. Giving my wife the g3 and opening up another line to get the turbo.

Does Verizon still let you open up another line deactivate it the line and put the new phone on my existing line?
No, that's a lot of the discussion right now. If you deactivate the other line you have to deactivate the data package that's on it as well and that would trigger cancellation of service and ultimately be detrimental to you financially because they will make you pay the early termination fee.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if SoftCard supports more than 1 card? In other words, do you get to pick which card to pay with?

I love my X but man do I want this phone....decisions...........

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Softcard....formerly known as ISIS before Verizon changed it, should function just like Google Wallet where you can set up multiple cards to be associated with it.

S5 tap'n

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
No, that's a lot of the discussion right now. If you deactivate the other line you have to deactivate the data package that's on it as well and that would trigger cancellation of service and ultimately be detrimental to you financially because they will make you pay the early termination fee.

Damn that sucks. How does the edge program work? Do you have to pay the price of the phone on top of the monthly fee they charge you? So $200 is due the time you buy it on top of the monthly fee?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No, the monthly fee is the cost of the phone divided by 24 months. You can edge up again at 18 months or 75% of the cost paid for.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
No, the monthly fee is the cost of the phone divided by 24 months. You can edge up again at 18 months or 75% of the cost paid for.

Ohh nice. Thanks Fox. I think I'll use the edge program to upgrade.

rbreban

Reaction score
Gsm version

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414608259503.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414608259503.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 266

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I was thinking about upgrading to the Moto X 2 until this news dropped on 10/28. Now I'm excited about the Turbo! It's available on my birthday as well! Time to buy myself a gift!! :)

npro1464

Reaction score
Softcard....formerly known as ISIS before Verizon changed it, should function just like Google Wallet where you can set up multiple cards to be associated with it.

S5 tap'n

I assume Google Wallet will work on the Turbo as well?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I assume Google Wallet will work on the Turbo as well?
I may be wrong here but Google Wallet may still work, however I wouldn't be surprised if it's been disabled by Verizon as evidenced by Softcard being announced.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I may be wrong here but Google Wallet may still work, however I wouldn't be surprised if it's been disabled by Verizon as evidenced by Softcard being announced.

Google Wallet works just fine on my Verizon Note 4. Verizon (and AT&T) previously blocked it due to "security concerns" given the lack of a secure element on early NFC devices (aka they were looking for some excuse that sounded good in order to delay mass adoption because of Softcard). Android 4.4 addressed that, making it an obsolete concern. It's worked on all Verizon devices I've used running 4.4. I'd be surprised if it doesn't work on the Turbo.

That said, many retailers are pulling NFC payment support in the wake of Apple Pay to make way for their own standard that's coming next year. It's going to get even tougher to use Google Wallet (or Softcard).