Motorola Droid Turbo Expected to Launch Globally as Moto Maxx on November 5

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
motorola_droid_turbo_rear_verizon.jpg

Rumor has it that The Droid Turbo smartphone by Motorola, which is currently exclusive to US mobile carrier Verizon, might soon launch globally under the company's iconic 'Maxx' branding.
A Portuguese publication named Tecnoblog has posted an invite from Motorola that suggests the company is gearing up to announce the global roll-out of the smartphone on November 5 at an event in Sao Paulo, Brazil. For those unaware, Brazil has been an important market for Motorola in the past, and the company globally unveiled the popular Moto G (first generation) last year at an event in Sao Paulo.

The invite posted by the Portuguese site does not name a device but the accompanied image strongly points that the smartphone likely to launch is the Droid Turbo itself. In fact, the smartphone in the teaser image is the identical to the Black Ballistic Nylon colour variant of the Droid Turbo listed on the Motorola site.

Tecnoblog, citing a source, also suggests that Motorola is looking to revive the 'Maxx' brand of smartphones with the new Droid Turbo.

Read about it here

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Revive the MAXX brand. Interesting. It hadn't been a brand in my mind so much as a variation or model.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This will make a lot of people happy

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm sure it will be available everywhere but the US. Same as the Motorola Razr and Razr Maxx. VZW pays big bucks for the exclusivity. I don't think there has ever been a crossover of a VZW Droid branded phone on to another US carrier without the Droid branding.

Tap'd from my LG G2