1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola DROID : Time GADGET OF THE YEAR

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by PowerPlayGraphix, Dec 8, 2009.

1. PowerPlayGraphix

PowerPlayGraphix New Member

2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Wow! Only been out a little over a month!

Probably why it's closing in on 1,000,000 units so fast :)
  3. PowerPlayGraphix

PowerPlayGraphix New Member

Yeah,
    iPhone came in 4th.
  4. Dr. Tenma

Dr. Tenma New Member

Wow, I'm honestly surprised. I was expecting the Droid to be overshadowed by the iPhone and become a cult classic of sorts, but this is incredible. I'm glad Verizon finally pulled through and made something that even the media admits is better- although I must say, as a former Voyager owner I can now see why it took this to pull them through.
  5. rod

rod New Member

love the comment for the article. i laugh more and more every time i see obvious iphoners trying to crack on the droid. stop drinking the att kool-aid people!
  6. QR_addict

QR_addict New Member

AWESOME!!!:motdroidhoriz:
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

number 1? One month and it's number 1?

amazing : )
  8. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

Not sure why everybody is so surprised... The iPhone? Why is it even where it is? Yes, it is popular with the Studded Tiara Princesses (ducking)... but honestly, other than copy and Paste (finally) and MMS (finally) what is so innovative about the iPhone? 3 revs (and years) ago sure... now???... old hat.

I can't help but wonder though if the Nook actually had units to sell and wasn't back ordering most until January that it wouldn't have come in number one.

The Dyson fan is definitely geek chic... but honestly.. who is going to buy one? At $300 plus for a 10 or 12 inch fan... I don't see these thing flying off the shelves... but I could be wrong... it wouldn't be the first time.

The Dell Adamo like the Macbook Air is great for people with more dollars than sense that have the urge to put their laptop in a manilla envelope... but practicality (and price) will likely limit this to rich people that don't actually need to be productive.

The rest of the list is a little ho-hum... so to me, it is really no surprise that the Droid walked away tops this year.
  9. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

very impressive and unexpected.
  10. lemodular

lemodular New Member

This is what happens when Verizon stops crippling a device. Part of the success, I think, is directly attributed to Verizon's awesome service. The "open" platform plus a (super fast) user base is an invitation for future development. This is great news.

The G-future is coming true!
  11. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I agree... finally you can TRULY enjoy Verizon's great coverage without a crippled device! It's the best of both world's!
  12. dieselpowered

dieselpowered New Member

This is pretty much what I was going to say...not trying to dis anyone else's device, but...
  13. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

2009 was a sad year for electronics, if that was the top 10... still awesome that the Droid was #1 though :D

oh and i want those Dre Headphones...
  14. darreno1

darreno1 New Member

Got to love Time for this. The reasoning was so dead on too. Like someone said before, what did the 3gs really bring to the table over the 3g? Nothing innovative or even close to exciting. I'm glad they had the b*lls to stand up and give the Droid its due.
  15. Realistic

Realistic New Member

Glad to see it up there, and I'm chuckling at the comments on that page. Those guys are so butt hurt "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah YOU'LL SEE WHEN THE 4TH IPHONE COMES OUT WE'LL SHOW YOU"

After this I would think if another smartphone makes it to this list it would have really be amazing.

I'm not happy about seeing the beats on that list, overpriced crap in my opinion. In fact i can't reason why they are up there. They are by no means special in the headphone world I would rather see the Sennhesier hd800s up there if there had to be headphones.
  16. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

It could have been worse... they could have gone with those dumb ass Sony Erricson "Motion Activated Earbuds" (You know the one's that SE had the audacity to promote as "changing the way you listen to music forever")
    :icon_ nono2:
  17. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii New Member

Well shoot--since the majority of us here actually have one--couldn't we have called it? LOL

Yup, definitely impressive, and I'm sure Verizon is happy to have turned-down the iDrone when they had a chance to pick it up (so I'm told). I know they have the adoption numbers / rate where they can compare side-by-side with the iDrone and wish I could be privy to 'em.

- Mega
  18. mach330

mach330 New Member

it's amazing the iphone fanboys. i mean i love the iphone or any gadgets that fits my needs, but come on. i'm not saying droid is an iphone killer, but it's pretty dayam close. ignorant is bliss.
  19. bacalao

bacalao New Member

It killed, destroyed, and burned my appetite for the iphone! Haha
    95% of all my texting, email, etc is done on the "horrific" keyboard and I am happy. Lol
  20. radd

radd New Member

Have to agree, in one month that's really impressive - partly because google just does things better, and although the marketplace is still weak now I believe developers will start to migrate. Even more so as they will not have to deal with ****ty AT&T.